Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Cloudy in Aruba?

Cloudy in Aruba?

Heading in for our third time next week and the forecast isn't looking good. Every day says 'cloudy'. I know the weather.com forecasts aren't the best to go by, especially when we went in December of 2015 and the forecast said rain everyday and when we got there it was bright and sunny everyday.

Has anyone ever had a long period of "cloudy days" on their trip?

Looking for some optimism!

Aruba since 1979
    Ignore weather.com

we had a period of much overcast weather over Christmas about 6 years ago.
    somedays in aruba one needs those clouds as a break!

Quote Originally Posted by jwelles17 View Post
    Heading in for our third time next week and the forecast isn't looking good. Every day says 'cloudy'. I know the weather.com forecasts aren't the best to go by, especially when we went in December of 2015 and the forecast said rain everyday and when we got there it was bright and sunny everyday.

Has anyone ever had a long period of "cloudy days" on their trip?

Looking for some optimism!
    Use this for more accurate forecasting:

http://www.meteo.aw/marckforecast.php

This morning we have scattered clouds A bit heavier cloud coverage than normal. Last couple of days we had overcast weather, but sun poked through. The weather has been good. In fact too good. Here in Noord we haven't had rain since before Xmas. Gardens and the island really could use a soak and then back to sunny blue skies

Thanks for the website. I noticed weatherunderground gives a better forecast. I'm guessing weather.com is just an overall island forecast and if they say cloudy it means some portion of the island might have a cloud pass by that day...

weather.com almost always says cloudy in Aruba. Just ignore it
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    I don't mind a few clouds because it takes the edge off the heat. The bad weather thing does happen on rare occasions. Several years ago, we went in October and had not checked the weather at all. The board had people complaining about the rain though. It was raining when we landed and rained most of that day. The next morning it poured down for several hours. It sprinkled a little the next day and then did not rain for the next 10 days. The people we talked to that had been there the previous 2 weeks said it poured down every day, all day for their stay until we arrived. Water was standing everywhere. The road to Madam Janettes was under 8 inches of water. So, yes you can get bad weather but it is rare.

Now at 11:45 nota single cloud. Sunny and blue sky. Nice wind blowing and low humidity

Even though you may wake up to a morning where it will look super overcast as though it's ready to pour a monsoon's worth of rain on the island, by the time you go back inside, make a few turns and come back outside; it's either beginning to clear up or has already cleared up. I've experienced one morning where it was overcast and rained for ten minutes, by the time I read half a chapter in a book that I was reading the rain had stopped and the clear blue sunny sky was out. I did experience one partial rainy day, but it was not all that bad. It made for a rather cool afternoon though. Like they said in one of the tourism videos, "There is no such thing as 'Event Cancelled' due to Weather on Aruba."

In a dozen or so trips to Aruba, we've experienced rain maybe 2 days. In a dozen or so trips to US locations, we've experienced sun maybe 2 days. It's a curse; crappy weather. That's why I love Aruba, the beautiful weather.

Actually, there is a plus for having clouds. One year it was cloudy for the week, and I got the best suntan ever. If you're the kind that loves a good suntan, it is an awesome way to get that tan. You can still burn through the clouds, so beware of that. The clouds take away the intensity of the sun/heat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast