Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Coconut opening w/ machete, is it legal to have a machete?

Thanks for the info, Andrea. Pass my thanks onto your friend as well. I will make sure to check about the Red Palm Wevel when I arrive.

Cost of machete - $20. Cost of having coconut opened for me - $3-5 each. Cost of me losing a hand trying to open a coconut with a machete ??? I will pick door #2 Mr. Barker . . . please open those coconuts for me :-)
    Michael

P.S. This was actually a very funny post . . . somewhat like Crocodile Dundee comes to Aruba . . . lol

I am former military and have plenty of experience opening them up from being stationed in different places. Thanks for your concern though and glad to give you a laugh. They are really quite easy to open, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't breaking any laws to bring it. It isn't and they sell them on the island, so I found my answer. Thanks everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by mmattalo View Post
    Cost of machete - $20. Cost of having coconut opened for me - $3-5 each. Cost of me losing a hand trying to open a coconut with a machete ??? I will pick door #2 Mr. Barker . . . please open those coconuts for me :-)
    Michael

P.S. This was actually a very funny post . . . somewhat like Crocodile Dundee comes to Aruba . . . lol
    You beat me to the crocodile dundee comment...nice one

Yeah I would just leave it up the the locals to open them up. I drink coconut water every day, I love it. Welcome aboard.

For those who wish to know. This week is the week in Canada when the large grocery chains attend a show and convention to select new trend foods for the next year. This year there are a lot of gluten free and similar products from the major manufacturers ...not just the small or organic vendors. One of the hottest products that the big chains are picking up is coconut water!!!!!

We just got back from Italy and i was surprised to see street vendors selling coconut water from their carts in the middle of Rome, Florence, and Pisa. Whudda thunk it?

I still prefer my coconut milk mixed with rum and pineapple juice-best known as a pina colada

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123