Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Cold Cuts & Cheeses

I have brought yellow american cheese slices (yup, I have kids) in our cooler with frozen stuff and had no problems - I didn't actually freeze the cheese
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    I get those blocks of cheese by Cracker Barrel that are pre sliced that way avoid cutting them and they don't get crumbly

Target actually carries pre-sliced blocks of cheese and they are pretty good!

Aruba since 1979
    when we visit aruba we have a friend that asks us to bring Cabot extra seriously sharp vermont cheddar. we get it at SAMS and we bring about 5 blocks of it.

and then when we go home we bring gouda hahahahaha go figure.

I <3 cheese! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    when we visit aruba we have a friend that asks us to bring Cabot extra seriously sharp vermont cheddar. we get it at SAMS and we bring about 5 blocks of it.

and then when we go home we bring gouda hahahahaha go figure.
    We do the opposite! We can't get Cabot cheeses in Canada so I always bring home Cabot Habenero from Lings!!!

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    We prefer to get fresh lunch meat at Lings. They also have a fantastic assortment of cheeses from Europe not Wisconsin. They also have a superior selection of fresh breads and rolls. A couple of things we do bring is a couple pounds of my favorite coffee and DWs tea. Not a big selection at the grocery stores.

We used to bring lots of food stuff with us but have cut down because the choices are much better that they were years ago. The prices at the grocery stores aren't bad compared to where we live plus we don't need all the US name brands for everything we buy!!!! Dutch cookies and snacks are great!!!
    Now, I only bring what we can't find in a particular brand. Salad dressing, super sharp provolone cheese, tonic, and home made soupy.

We used to bring a lot with us as well, have cut down over the years. Not because its cheaper there (not!!) but because I got tired of Dh harassing me about filling a suitcase with groceries. Then we get there and he grips about the price of things at the store....can not win for loosing with that man !!!!!
    SO, I told him this year we would pack and extra suitcase with some meats and cheese. I was glad to see this post because I was wondering how we were going to accomplish it!!!.....Have I ever mentioned how much I love the forum !!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Now.......I just wish I could bring my Coor's Lite! Now that is expensive compared to an 18 pack for $11.99 on sale here!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast