Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Concerned with Drugs

Aruba since 1979
    yes sean and susan....... this community thru communication works well.
    all postings are read by lisa and i and those that we can answer we do, those that we cannot, we either guide the forum member to the answer or we forward the concern or posting on to the ata office.

this particular posting about the weed was one that most definitely got forwarded on.

rayon and the other members of the digital team of the ata always gets things accomplished by addressing the task at hand and/or finding the person that can address properly.

we are grateful that the ata staff are so readily available and helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post
    Wow that service. Good to hear that this community has some positive pull!

Sean and Susan
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 10-22-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Iam sure that the "ATA," and it's administrator will do everything they possibly can do to urge the people that can remedy this situation to keep in mind that "tourism" is important to the Island, as well as the fact that almost all the businesses and hotels are now very "Family Oriented," and act accordingly.

IMO...Ed

Smile

If ATA can't stop them, I see Andrea will be there in 9 days and between her and Paul, I think they will do a great job!! LOL!!
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Aruba since 1979
    hahahaha
    ok kent
    i will put it on my agenda
    not.
    i think it is not in my job description
    Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    If ATA can't stop them, I see Andrea will be there in 9 days and between her and Paul, I think they will do a great job!! LOL!!

I was offered drugs right in front of the visibility team office and personnel. There is no fear of the police at all.

In 13 years going to Aruba I have never been offered drugs, nor have I witnessed anyone selling or partaking.

Laura - that is very possible. But I can tell you out of the past 14 days here, I see it more days than not. Moomba's has increasingly been a haven to this activity in the past few years and it is getting worse. It then spreads over to 2nd level bar next to it and at peer/rental tents. I wish I had video camera, but then again, I am not sure if there is much concern considering how open this is.
    Next Aruba trip in

I wanted to provide a 2013 update on this subject with regards to Surf Club/Moomba/Hadicuri area:

Police patrol in this area has significantly increased and the activity of the young men was all but gone. Drive by instances were 2-3 per day vs 0-1 prior. While I was only there 8 days this trip vs the 17 last time, it was consistently quiet. I did see the same young guys as before, but no visible inappropriate behavior.

Bravo ATA and Police force! See you all again in April and October of 2014!

Ted
    Next Aruba trip in

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12