Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Construction Update

  1. #1
    Senior Member jeffnev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    palm beach, eagle beach, any happy hour
    Posts
    719

    Construction Update

    Just got back last night from another great week in Aruba and we were a little "surprised" at the level of construction activity. We saw a bunch of smaller projects being worked on, but 3 major projects are extremely active.

    1- The linear park construction is very busy, with a lot of activity around Surfside Beach in the Nikky beach and Pinchos area. It really looks like the government is serious about this happening.

    2- The Super Foods construction where the old mini golf course was is very active. Saw lots of earth moving equipment working every time we passed during the day. They even put up a real "Super Foods coming" sign at the site.

    3- I'm not so happy to report that the Ritz Carlton project seems to be moving along. It looks like the building closest to the beach has 2 stories of poured concrete already and lots of workers all day long. This can't be good for the wind surfers and has made our walks along the beach from the Surf Club towards the Fishermans Huts a lot less pleasant.

  2. #2
    Senior Member ~Amy~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,690
    Nice to hear they're FINALLY moving on the new Super Foods. That "coming soon" sign has been in place for quite awhile but with absolutely no movement on the site. So it's nice to hear that they've started.

    This was an aerial photo I took from a helicopter of the Ritz site at the end of May.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Construction Update-75.jpg  
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 07-19-2011 at 02:50 PM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018





  3. #3
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    I too was very surprised by the Ritz Carlton. ESPECIALLY the SIZE of it!

    At any rate, I just keep reminding myself that more hotel rooms in Aruba , will mean more "special pricing" at all of the resorts in order for them all to be competitive.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7

    Surf club questions

    2 quick questions for you...re: surf club specifically

    Do you know if the wired internet access in the room is a USB connection or Ethernet? No one can seem to answer this for me.

    Is the chair situation still the same at the pool (i.e. you can tag them at 7, return at 9...)?

    THANKS!

  5. #5
    Senior Member jeffnev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    palm beach, eagle beach, any happy hour
    Posts
    719
    Quote Originally Posted by arubashadegirl View Post
    2 quick questions for you...re: surf club specifically

    Do you know if the wired internet access in the room is a USB connection or Ethernet? No one can seem to answer this for me.

    Is the chair situation still the same at the pool (i.e. you can tag them at 7, return at 9...)?

    THANKS!
    -Internet access in the rooms is still a wired DSL connection with an ethernet cable. The cable from the DSL box is not very long and is near the kitchen in the main unit, by the bed in the lockoff room. There is wireless access at the pool area and in the lobby and all internet access is free for guests-they give you a code for the wireless when you check in.

    -The chair situation is that you can use your tags to reserve chairs at the pool starting at 7am and cannot leave them idle for more than 2 hours or they will be removed. They are really trying to have the chairs available for people at the pool to use. We are "beach people" (I'll share my palapa thoughts in a separate posting) and often used the pool in the afternoon, especially during happy hour. We never had a problem getting chairs for the 5 of us when we needed them and it seems like they have added a few additional seating areas around the upper pool areas. We were also able to get chairs pretty easily at the new adult "Serenity Pool". Then again, I hear the situation is much different in during Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks than I experienced in July.

  6. #6
    Senior Member rob o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I too was very surprised by the Ritz Carlton. ESPECIALLY the SIZE of it!

    At any rate, I just keep reminding myself that more hotel rooms in Aruba , will mean more "special pricing" at all of the resorts in order for them all to be competitive.
    Two Questions:

    Does anyone have plans for linear park? Photos of current construction?
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com



  7. #7
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Two Questions:

    Does anyone have plans for linear park? Photos of current construction?
    Construction of Aruba Linear Park to Begin


    TERA Park, A New Green Island Attraction

  8. #8
    Senior Member rob o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,793
    Of course Arubalisa would have the information....she's the best!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com



  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffnev View Post
    -Internet access in the rooms is still a wired DSL connection with an ethernet cable. The cable from the DSL box is not very long and is near the kitchen in the main unit, by the bed in the lockoff room. There is wireless access at the pool area and in the lobby and all internet access is free for guests-they give you a code for the wireless when you check in.

    -The chair situation is that you can use your tags to reserve chairs at the pool starting at 7am and cannot leave them idle for more than 2 hours or they will be removed. They are really trying to have the chairs available for people at the pool to use. We are "beach people" (I'll share my palapa thoughts in a separate posting) and often used the pool in the afternoon, especially during happy hour. We never had a problem getting chairs for the 5 of us when we needed them and it seems like they have added a few additional seating areas around the upper pool areas. We were also able to get chairs pretty easily at the new adult "Serenity Pool". Then again, I hear the situation is much different in during Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks than I experienced in July.
    Thank you for the quick responses...we are going next week so hopefully it will be similar. I just ran into a friend tonight who just got back from the surf club and she said she was at the chairs @ 5:45am every day to get the ones she wanted, and then stayed there until 7am. On the wired info, I am going to try to find a connector of some sort that converts ethernet to usb...my netbook only has usb connections...or I can use the wireless at the pool I guess! Thank you again for your help!

  10. #10
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Of course Arubalisa would have the information....she's the best!


    Quote Originally Posted by arubashadegirl View Post
    I just ran into a friend tonight who just got back from the surf club and she said she was at the chairs @ 5:45am every day to get the ones she wanted, and then stayed there until 7am.
    Sorry, but that is not my idea of a vacation. I saw the crowds there the third week in June and it was not appealing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO