Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: Convention Schedule?

Convention Schedule?

I know this may be a strange question but...

I live in a very touristy place in VA and we have a published convention calendar so we know what is going and who will be in town. Is there such a thing for aruba?

I ask becuse we like to be prepared for what we may encounter while on vacation. We had a very bad incident a couple of years ago when a big MMA fight was at the Renaissance. Some of the fighters, well not the actual fighters but the guys that hang around or cling and act like they are super tough, tried to start a fight iwth my husband in the Dunkin Donuts after one of them stepped on my flip flopped feet. It was very un-Aruba and we havent had anyhtign like that happen since but I now have this strange fear that the MMA will be there again one day!

Strange I know!

Any Aruba beach...
    I don't know of anywhere where the conventions are listed, but sure sounds like a great idea! We certainly avoid the island during the big events like the Electric Festival etc. Maybe check some of the island's event calendars?

The dates for the Electric Festival are not listed but are 9/3-9/7.

Also check the beach tennis website for upcoming tournaments.

Under a palapa on Palm beach
    I would be interested in a convention/event schedule too. This is not a convention, but I do know that there is a big Poker tournament, the PPC Poker Tour tournament will be at the Radisson Oct 15-21, 2014.

Aruba since 1979
    i will ask the tourism authority to send me a list of what they have on their calendar.
    also too maybe the chamber of commerce.