Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Cooking while in Aruba on vacation

I usually eat all my breakfast and lunches in time share and 1 dinner in timeshare which is usually pizza with chicken wings from Pizza Bobs..

We go for 2 weeks and eat all breakfast and 90% of our lunches in the unit, mostly because we do the beach every day. We eat out every other night. A little expensive but by staying in the unit we 1. get to do a lot of beach time and 2. save a lot of money.

Mango Halto, East Coast jeep riding, Palm Beach
    We love to cook meals in house we rent. We are a group of 11 and plan on eating in 6 of 7 nights. When staying at the Renn we enjoy walking to Hung Paradise and taking it back to the room. Since Andrea does not want to get into packing of coolers I won't tell you about the 3 suit cases full of food we take.

Aruba since 1979
    TP...create a new thread of what you bring in the suitcases, how you pack it and why.

Quote Originally Posted by Trip-planner View Post
    We love to cook meals in house we rent. We are a group of 11 and plan on eating in 6 of 7 nights. When staying at the Renn we enjoy walking to Hung Paradise and taking it back to the room. Since Andrea does not want to get into packing of coolers I won't tell you about the 3 suit cases full of food we take.

We do not prepare meals on vacation, but if it was up to me we would do at least breakfast or lunch each day. Last year we stayed at the Surf Club and I tried to talk him into stopping by the grocery store, but Jon (dh) is against it. So I decided this is a battle not worth fighting, it works out better for me when it comes to doing dishes on vacation. And it gives me a good excuse to spend more time on this forum planning our meals. Currently we only travel a week at a time. I think if we did 2 weeks we would have to take another look at our budget and plan.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Boca Catalina, Baby beach, the lighthouse at sunrise & Pure beach
    I cook breakfast almost every morning...there are days when we do cereal & fruit.....but our favorite is omelets....after our morning walk from the Phoenix to holiday inn & back my husband & the rest of the family get chairs on the beach & I go in and start the omelets & toast & coffee , juice & whatever else ....then I head out to the beach...yes with the plates of food and we eat right there....lunch is something quick & dinner is wherever we end up . We do have friends that go the same time and do a couple of potlucks including grilling and just hanging out with friends.... Diane

We have a breakfy at home, every morning...Coffee, bagel with cream cheese, caviar,etc..and few times during our stay( 2 weeks), having a BBQ( steaks from NY), with our friends..and a seafood(Local)...and a few times- going out.

We enjoy cooking, especially with a child with a lot of food allergies,and I actually like shopping in the supermarkets with their mix of American, Dutch and Latin American products. We tend to get simple things to make for breakfast and probably eat half our lunches and dinners in too. Actually, one of the best meals I have had on the island is one I cooked myself, or more specifically, grilled over charcoal on grills at Costa Linda. Steak, swordfish in a Japanese glaze I whipped up and chicken I marinated in yogurt and Indian spices.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    The only thing I'll be cooking while on my Aruba vacation is coffee!

As I travel by myself and have to cook all around year at home, it is one of my special treats, NOT to have to cook while on vacation. I like very much having breakfast at my rental apartment, sitting on the covered porch in the tropical garden, enjoying the morning air, fresh coffee, some good whole wheat bread from the Dutch bakery, butter, jelly, a glass of real juice.

I like very much Dutch groceries and buy as well some of their cheese and yogurt, some Dutch cookies. Some fruits and tomatoes. Just if I get hungry and want a bite to eat, to be able to make a sandwich during the day.

I also like to be adventurous and try out different restaurants, local ones as well. I'm not a big eater but to just have a smaller dish here and there.

One of my favorite part is to meet friends who live on Aruba and spend dinner together. They always know the best places were to go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12