Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: It is Countdown time!

Andrea, the weather is getting back to it's normal great self. Today was fantastic! You're getting here just in time. Have a safe trip!

Aruba since 1979
    thx
    currently i am thinking about pulling the luggage from closet and packing.......just thinking and not acting on it though.

tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by explorer213 View Post
    Andrea, the weather is getting back to it's normal great self. Today was fantastic! You're getting here just in time. Have a safe trip!

About 14 hours to go!!!

Last night @ midnight, tried to check in on my LGA flight on nov 1. That was the soonest you could check in. I then got the official word that my flight was canceled, I expected this. I then called american airlines and over all options. I had them look @ about 8 airports, nothing. Then my DW, said try for today 10/31. The airline still had nothing, this process took hours and multi calls because they said nothing is open but check back. Each call lasted close to an hr. Then my DW found a flight on US AIR, out of philly to CGV (kentuckt/cin), which had a connection right to MIA.

We then worked a half day, and hit the philly airport for a 3ish flight. We r now @ the airport hotel in MIA and will catch our previously scheduled connection from MIA TO AUA first thing in the morning.

I finished with the airlines @ 5am, woke up @ 6 for work and I had the confirmation email from airline, they only changed my flight, not for wife and kids, so I called back and they fixed that too. I got lucky that american airline was able to work a deal with US air!

Crazy part, both flights were about 70% full, tons of open spots. The moral of this story is u have to fight the route and ask the airline to switch ya. They did not think creative like we did. Their options were to push our flight back by 4days!

Oh, and they also changed r return flight to philly as well!

Andrea, I will keep an eye out for you!

Aruba since 1979
    safe and fun travels
    Quote Originally Posted by mjl60621 View Post
    About 14 hours to go!!!

Last night @ midnight, tried to check in on my LGA flight on nov 1. That was the soonest you could check in. I then got the official word that my flight was canceled, I expected this. I then called american airlines and over all options. I had them look @ about 8 airports, nothing. Then my DW, said try for today 10/31. The airline still had nothing, this process took hours and multi calls because they said nothing is open but check back. Each call lasted close to an hr. Then my DW found a flight on US AIR, out of philly to CGV (kentuckt/cin), which had a connection right to MIA.

We then worked a half day, and hit the philly airport for a 3ish flight. We r now @ the airport hotel in MIA and will catch our previously scheduled connection from MIA TO AUA first thing in the morning.

I finished with the airlines @ 5am, woke up @ 6 for work and I had the confirmation email from airline, they only changed my flight, not for wife and kids, so I called back and they fixed that too. I got lucky that american airline was able to work a deal with US air!

Crazy part, both flights were about 70% full, tons of open spots. The moral of this story is u have to fight the route and ask the airline to switch ya. They did not think creative like we did. Their options were to push our flight back by 4days!

Oh, and they also changed r return flight to philly as well!

Andrea, I will keep an eye out for you!

2hrs and 45mins to take off!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mjl60621 View Post
    2hrs and 45mins to take off!!!
    Glad you made it!
    Hope you and Andrea and everyone else headed to Aruba have a great time!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

leaving Sunday ......yea !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    leaving today, yeah!!!! see you in two weeks..........

countdown

50 days till Aruba..... two weeks stay this time ah yes

One week! Yea!!
    Sean and Susan

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast