Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Jacki
  • 2 Post By DiviDiviFan

Thread: Countdowns to New Years while in Aruba

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock

Countdowns to New Years while in Aruba

Just wondering how the New year's eve countdown is done at different resorts in Aruba? If you are at a beach bar does someone just watch their watch and shout Happy New yEAR? Or do they have different ways to countdown? Anyone who has been in Aruba during New Year's Eve I would love to hear of the different ways to countdown. Anyone going to be there LUCKY YOU!!! I will be there in spirit!!!!

What a great question! I would be curious as well.

Aruba since 1979
    terrific question
    i wish that i was there

Very curious also. I always figured different parts of the country, and world I guess, did their own countdown of some kind. Then I met my husband who lived in Southern California and asked what he watched on NYE - he said the ball. I asked where is that - still thinking it would be something in LA - nope they watch a replay of the ball in Times Square and count down as if it were live. I find this to be so odd.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    ......Aruba is an hour ahead of East Coast this time of year.
    when in Aruba, will they celebrate " at their time" and say happy new year at midnight ?
    and then.......celebrate again at midnight an hour later ?
    or to add to the confusion.........say happy new year hours earlier when it hits midnight in holland?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Very curious also. I always figured different parts of the country, and world I guess, did their own countdown of some kind. Then I met my husband who lived in Southern California and asked what he watched on NYE - he said the ball. I asked where is that - still thinking it would be something in LA - nope they watch a replay of the ball in Times Square and count down as if it were live. I find this to be so odd.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Either way, you know it is always a "Happy New Year", "Happy Day", "HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY EVERYTHING & TIME" in Aruba!!!!! I will be toasting my glass to Aruba at 11:00 pm here in Western Mass tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    ......Aruba is an hour ahead of East Coast this time of year.
    when in Aruba, will they celebrate " at their time" and say happy new year at midnight ?
    and then.......celebrate again at midnight an hour later ?
    or to add to the confusion.........say happy new year hours earlier when it hits midnight in holland?