Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Couple looking to adopt

Hi,
    We are looking for info. on adoption in Aruba.We have visited the island many times in the past, and were married in Aruba with a dutch marriage license.We return each June for our anniversary, and usually 1 or two other times each year.Please note we are US citizens, and are looking to find out if this is a feasible option.We are 27 and 36 years old.Thanks so much for your help!

There are 2 Orphanages on the island - don't know any specifics for adopting
    but this should give you a start

*Casa Cuna Progress Orphanage* cares for 30 disadvantaged children from infants to 3-year olds. The orphanage is in need of items for young children including disposable diapers, baby powder, diaper rash cream, children's clothes, infant clothes, shoes, toys, small stuffed animals, puzzles, toys and games for babies and toddlers. The phone number for the orphanage is (297) 585-7177.

*Imeldahof Children's Home*, located in Noord, is a home for children of troubled families. Many of the 50 children at the home have been victims of physical or sexual abuse or neglect. The home cares for boys ages 6-14 and girls ages 6-18. The home is in need of a variety of items for children including toys, games, sporting goods, puzzles, school supplies, small stuffed animals, backpacks and other supplies. For more information about the home and its needs, contact Director Dynia Muller at (297) 587-6085.

Aruba Children's Homes

Daddison,

Try "Forever Families Through Adoption, Inc.", an adoption agency in Rye Brook, New York. Under "News" you will find information regarding their visit to the two homes Lizzardo mentioned above. My husband and I will be traveling to the island in a few weeks and taking some items to CC (diapers, clothes, toys, etc.) We'd be more than happy to relay any information we can after our trip.

http://www.foreverfamiliesthroughado..._orphanage.pdf
    -Mod Momma
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 09-27-2009 at 12:15 AM. Reason: added the link

As I sit here and read about the orphanages I feel quilty as hell...we go every year, have a smashing time, but never thought about the less fortunate on the island that the tourist money doesn't make it to....will have to go shopping when we get there and take some of the items Lizzardo mentioned...will help to at least make the kids more comfortable for awhile anyway.
    wonder if there is some way those of us that would like to contribute to the orphanages at other times during the year(ie...Xmas, easter...) can do so.....anyone have any info???
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Aruba since 1979
    maybe the 2 orphanages (aka children's homes) could be the forum's project.

i will contact the ata (jojo or frits) and inquire about how "we" as a group (those interested) can help out.

i read that pdf on one of the postings on this thread and it implied that the kids stay on island....meaning no international adoptions?
    some confusion.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i read that pdf on one of the postings on this thread and it implied that the kids stay on island....meaning no international adoptions?
    some confusion.

andrea
    I read the same into it as well, meaning no international adoptions.

As to the children at the "children's home", just because the child is from a "troubled" home, depending upon how Aruban law works, it may not necessarily mean that the parent's rights have been terminated.

In essence, meaning the child may not be available for adoption in hopes of parental rehabilitation and reuniting with the child.

Just hate to see people get their hopes up.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddison View Post
    Hi,
    We are looking for info. on adoption in Aruba.We have visited the island many times in the past, and were married in Aruba with a dutch marriage license.We return each June for our anniversary, and usually 1 or two other times each year.Please note we are US citizens, and are looking to find out if this is a feasible option.We are 27 and 36 years old.Thanks so much for your help!
    We have experience with US adoptions, I can offer some advise concerning those...no idea what that entails in Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    maybe the 2 orphanages (aka children's homes) could be the forum's project.

i will contact the ata (jojo or frits) and inquire about how "we" as a group (those interested) can help out.

some confusion.

andrea
    that is a great idea Andrea, at least IMO....please let us know what you find out and how we can help.
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

I was hoping this was a post from an Aruban couple looking to adopt an adult son.

Aruba since 1979
    get in line chadd
    i am looking for an elderly coupple that would not mind having a middle aged daughter.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    I was hoping this was a post from an Aruban couple looking to adopt an adult son.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast