Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: credit card fee

just got my bankofamerica update on regulations...there will be international fees starting very soon...i guess most credit cards are now adding this on because they need to make more $$$

I know Capital One is still 0%

Quote Originally Posted by swagmaster View Post
    I know Capital One is still 0%
    I can confirm that you are correct on this. We paid no fee on our Capital One card when we used it in April of this year.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Two years ago the gouvernement of Aruba intruduce a 3 % BBO (like a sales tax)

it will be added to the helicopter charge si if the tour coast $50.00 the helicopter will add the 3% total $ 51.50 will be charge to your credit card

Dom
    A few weeks ago I called a number of companies that issued credit cards that I currently have and usually use in Aruba. All will charge a fee if they have to convert from foreign currency to US currency. In the past, there was no additional charge for transactions in US dollars. However, Bank of Americal Mastercard informed me that they are now charging 3% for all international charges even if they are in US dollars. All of my other cards said there is no fee for transactions in US dollars even if they are made out of the country. I guess I will no longer be using the Bank of America card in Aruba.

If you rent a car, it is also a good idea to make sure that the credit card you use does cover the rental car for accident and theft. If your credit card does cover this, there is no need to take the extra insurance that can almost double the cost of the rental. I had a car stolen in Aruba a few years ago, and the credit card company (which was Bank of America Mastercard) paid the entire cost of the stolen car (about $6000). It cost me nothing even though I did not take the extra insurance. I already checked for this year, and my American Express card does cover accident and theft and they do not charge for transactions in US dollars.
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    If you rent a car, it is also a good idea to make sure that the credit card you use does cover the rental car for accident and theft. If your credit card does cover this, there is no need to take the extra insurance that can almost double the cost of the rental. I had a car stolen in Aruba a few years ago, and the credit card company (which was Bank of America Mastercard) paid the entire cost of the stolen car (about $6000). It cost me nothing even though I did not take the extra insurance. I already checked for this year, and my American Express card does cover accident and theft and they do not charge for transactions in US dollars.
    Additional info
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/car%20rental%20insurance.html

Just looked at our statement for the aruba trip, Citi charged us a foreign transaction fee and Capital one did not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12