Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Credit card..Importance of notifying them of your travel plans

Levian chocolate diamonds. They are gorgeous.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    I also go as far as advise credit card company which airport we are departing to and also connecting airports. It is one of the top "reminders" on my Excel "packing/to do" list along with passports.

Aruba since 1979
    we have missed you.

it is now on my excel list too

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    I also go as far as advise credit card company which airport we are departing to and also connecting airports. It is one of the top "reminders" on my Excel "packing/to do" list along with passports.

It happened to me a few years ago on a trip to Aruba. On the first day I go to superfoods and my Master Card was denied. I said try again, denied. I pull out my Amex, denied. I ended up paying in cash. Back at La Cabana I asked the front desk if they had any issues with my card when I was checked in. They said they only put a hold of I think $300 but it went thru. So I told them of my problem at Superfood and how I was worried about paying for eating out and checking out. They suggested I call the credit card company and they let me use their phone. It took about an hour to straighten out. They wanted to text me a code and call them back with that code but I kept trying to explain that my cell phone did not work in Aruba. I finally got a manager who agree to email me the code and I logged on to the free internet upstairs, got the code, call the company and they release the credit card. I remember I was really nervous about not having credit and since then, I never forget to log on and tell them I am going away, the dates, place etc.

On my last trip I completely forgot to call my bank and inform them of my travel plans. Then again I really had no plans to use either my credit card or debit card, just cash. On check in the hotel clerk took my credit card info and once again I did not think anything of it, till the following day when I received a letter from the front desk in regards to my daily payment for the room tax and the breakfast that I had. They were unable to collect payment from my card, that was when I realized that I forgot to call the bank to let them know of my travel plans. I went down and paid for the meal and the room tax with cash. Day after while paying for breakfast I just paid for the room tax for the remaining days one time.

Moral of the story, even if you have no plans to use any of your cards, still inform the banks. Lesson learned.

Actually TD Bank in Canada doesn't require you to call them because of the new chip program---however I still call them.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    we have missed you.

it is now on my excel list too
    Missed you guys too! Thanks....

Nice to see your posts. We have all missed you.

Here's a secret. If you call the credit card company right then and there you can get your purchase approved.

Just did a search for Discover on this forum and this thread came up. Is Discover widely accepted in Aruba?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast