Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Credit Card/Passport RFID Blocking

Aruba since 1979

Credit Card/Passport RFID Blocking

Do any of you protect your identity and credit card info using any RFID blocking device?
    We just ordered the protectors for our credit cards and passports.
    I had read an article in our local paper of how hi tech thieves have been stealing the credit card info from folks at disney.

https://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2017/07/04/535518514/there-are-plenty-of-rfid-blocking-products-but-do-you-need-them

https://www.amazon.com/Blocking-Pass...r+credit+cards

We use the individual sleeves for our credit cards. Probably should get something for our passports

I have a sleeve I use for my cards in my wallet. I use Witz cases for my badges at work, and my room key, cash and credit cards in Aruba. They are inexpensive, waterproof and come in a variety of sizes. They also sell RFID sleeves...

http://www.witzsportcases.com/id-badge-holders.html

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    when i travel i use the armored wallets

We each have a couple of sleeves we use for our credit cards plus I might have one small handbag that is RFID protected.

In 2015 there was a tech expo at my company with a lot of freebees. One of the freebies was this Card with a magnet by signal vault called credit card protector. You just place this card in front of your credit or debit cards and it blocks the information on the credit card.

This is what I use

https://www.amazon.com/SIGNAL-VAULT-...s=signal+vault
    Last edited by ArubaAce; 04-10-2018 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Adding a link

I've got an RFID wallet that I keep all my credit cards in on a regular basis. I guess I should get something for my passport, too.

You guys have me thinking I am WAY TOO trusting. I check my CCs online often and trust that the company would contact me with possible fraud. Extra protection never hurts!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    i had a conversation with Paul recently about these RFID things.
    neither one of us had ever given it any thought, although our friend Sherry had told us of the "armored" wallets, sleeves etc..4 or 5 years ago.
    she was the "least trusting" person i knew and when she told us about these products, i thought she was being a bit over reactive.

so, in memory of Sherry, we ordered some on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    You guys have me thinking I am WAY TOO trusting. I check my CCs online often and trust that the company would contact me with possible fraud. Extra protection never hurts!

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I have a few of those armored wallets in all styles, colors. Some have famous paintings on them or are just solid. you can get them anywhere, Bed Bath (use a coupon), Harmon..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast