Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
    Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything

Smile Crowds in December

Hi everyone, when we go to aruba (our first trip) in the beginning of December, is that considered a crowded time? I know its suppose to be the low season, but we wondering. also, if we are coming home on a saturday (the 11th) and our flight leaves aruba around three, how much time should we give at the airport. we won't have checked luggage, always do carry on (they have a washer & dryer where we're staying).

i remember reading somewhere to give at least 2 hours on a saturday but i want to make sure we give ourselves enough time (rather be safe than sorry)...

Flying out on a Saturday in the mid-afternoon is the busiest time to fly. I would give yourself 2-3 hours. Even without checked luggage you still have to go through 2 security checks plus U.S. Customs. There are alot of lines to stand in.....

High season (crowded) does not begin until around Dec. 18th.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    thanks Amy. I'll make sure we're there by noon, which gives 3 hours and that should do it. I should have listened to my husband and booked to come home on the monday, lol....

Aruba since 1979
    agree with amy re: the airport time.
    early december is a quiet time on aruba.
    the real quiet time is now thru the week before thanksgiving
    then again
    the week after thanksgiving til about 6 days before christmas.

even though you will be there during slow season, still make dinner reservations for those special places and activities.

we arrive on the day you leave.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Hi everyone, when we go to aruba (our first trip) in the beginning of December, is that considered a crowded time? I know its suppose to be the low season, but we wondering. also, if we are coming home on a saturday (the 11th) and our flight leaves aruba around three, how much time should we give at the airport. we won't have checked luggage, always do carry on (they have a washer & dryer where we're staying).

i remember reading somewhere to give at least 2 hours on a saturday but i want to make sure we give ourselves enough time (rather be safe than sorry)...