Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Cruise FROM and back to Aruba

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,
    >>>> "Normally like a more active vacation = Aruba watersport"
    ----- Actually some cruise ships have more and better watersports.
    Every port of call offers different watersports. You can go to the cruise ship Web Site and sign up for what you want to do. Most of the watersport activities will meet the cruise ship and off you go. You pay the cruise line and not the watersport. You can go online and sign up like a month or more before your cruise date and know for sure you have a reservation.
    We usually don't do much but if you want to be very active you can.
    Last edited by TomFrederick; 05-19-2009 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomFrederick View Post
    >>>> "Normally like a more active vacation = Aruba watersport"
    ----- Actually some cruise ships have more and better watersports.
    Every port of call offers different watersports. You can go to the cruise ship Web Site and sign up for what you want to do. Most of the watersport activities will meet the cruise ship and off you go. You pay the cruise line and not the watersport. You can go online and sign up like a month or more before your cruise date and know for sure you have a reservation.
    We usually don't do much but if you want to be very active you can.
    I was thinking the same thing Tom. With all the cruises I have been on, I always arrive home needing another vacation. Arriving home from Aruba, we are always relaxed.

Dh likes cruising but me and the kids prefer land, in particular Aruba. Getting a chair at the pool on days at sea makes getting a chair at the Surf Club seem like a breeze!!

I also agree that a cruise does tend to be a little less relaxing than staying on land. Each day in port you feel the need to get off and explore. Overeating is also a problem, way too much food on a cruise.

Aruba
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Dh likes cruising but me and the kids prefer land, in particular Aruba. Getting a chair at the pool on days at sea makes getting a chair at the Surf Club seem like a breeze!!
    Unfortunately this is very true. I am grateful for a dh who is an early riser.

I also agree that a cruise does tend to be a little less relaxing than staying on land. Each day in port you feel the need to get off and explore. Overeating is also a problem, way too much food on a cruise.

Aruba
    Now that we have seen most of the Caribbean, the ship has become our "destination" and we enjoy staying on the ship while the masses depart for a day ashore. We then have the pool to ourselves and peace and quiet. To us, the more ports the better!

There IS a cruise ship that leaves does roundtrip Aruba - it is Ocean Dream by Pullmantur which is the Spanish arm of Royal Caribbean. According to my research (we're planning on going this summer) it is an older ship and is bilingual Spanish/English. It gets alot of Spanish tourists - early dinner is 8 p.m. and late dinner 10 or so!!! They say, on cruise critic, that it is a big party as the Spanish love to merengue and salsa. As I said, I'm going to book it as soon as I find the TA my husband knows. He is off Island right now and I have company. I'll fill you in when I learn more. Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzerjoy View Post
    3. Which cruise line/ship is considered the most luxurious one of the ones that cruise in the Caribbean?
    Thanks
    Carsten
    Linda, Carsten is looking for a luxury line probably something more along the line of Oceania Cruises, Seabourn Cruise Line, SeaDream Yacht Club, Silversea Cruise Line ........

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.
    Thanks for the info Linda. Lisa is right I would like it pretty luxurious and big.
    But for others that read this, it is of course very useful information, and if there are no other options, I will not rule this one out of the questions either.

Here is a link for anyone interested http://www.pullmanturcruises.com/EN/...198134553.html

So thanks again.

Carsten

I would highly recommend Princess out of P.R. (want lux check the web of the El San Juan Hotel) all hand carved mahogany,tiffany lamps & chandlers. 50's era!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12