Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Arubalisa

Thread: Cruise ships congested the Port of Aruba...

Cruise ships congested the Port of Aruba...

Lots of traffic today in the port...
    Not a good day for shopping downtown right now...

Cruise ships congested the Port of Aruba...-2013-10-21_121159.jpg

The Zaandam and Zuiderdam both departed Fort Lauderdale on the 18th. Zaandam is heading for winter cruises out of South America (stops in Antarctica) and the Zuiderdam this winter will mainly be sailing the southern Caribbean. Zaandam was a nice ship if you are 70+ years old. Never saw grown adults run over kids to get to see Santa before.

Monarch of the Seas is sailing a regular schedule year 'round between La Guaira, Curacao, Colon, Panama, Cartagena and Aruba. You can sail out of Aruba as your port of departure.

I was concerned when I looked out and saw three ships in port. We walked around the streets a little bit on Monday before transferring to our Eagle Beach location for the remainder of our visit. We were actually surprised that with 3 ships in port the crowds were not horrendous. We actually walked in to Iguana Joe's at about noon and were seated right away. I'm sure the excursion-related locations were busy, however.

Mike

wow...I bet traffic was awful.....we always try to avoid going through downtown on cruise ship days, unless we are just driving around in the jeep trying to see who can get the most color...(red, really red and omg lobster on board....) !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

I am one of the 70 plus Lisa was talking about (actually 65) cruising with Holland America. In June we cruised to Alaska (one of the best vacations I have ever had) and November 14 will be cruising to South Caribbean and would like to know where the best snorkeling is. Ports of call are Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Bonaire, Curacao and Aruba. We travel to Aruba two to three times a year and know the best snorkeling there but would like some opinions on the other ports of call. Thanks Norm

Quote Originally Posted by ZIPPAK View Post
    I am one of the 70 plus Lisa was talking about (actually 65) cruising with Holland America. In June we cruised to Alaska (one of the best vacations I have ever had) and November 14 will be cruising to South Caribbean and would like to know where the best snorkeling is. Ports of call are Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Bonaire, Curacao and Aruba. We travel to Aruba two to three times a year and know the best snorkeling there but would like some opinions on the other ports of call. Thanks Norm

If she is not already booked, for snorkeling, try Renee in Bonaire http://www.infobonaire.com/reneesnorkeltrips/

In Curacao head to Playa Porto Mari for snorkeling. http://www.playaportomari.com/

Go to cruisecritic for more info on Half Moon Key. Last time we were there it was too cold to swim.