Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Cruising to Aruba

Amsterdam Manor, anywhere with a hot sun and a cold drink.

Cruising to Aruba

Hi folks!

Haven't been around in a while as my wife and I have been busy with our 4 month old daughter as of late. I'm going to start trying to get on here more as I've always enjoyed the company of fellow Aruba lovers.

I'm just curious what people think about cruises that go to Aruba? My wife and I are planning to go on a cruise in 2017 and it visits Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao. Is there anything we should know about cruising to Aruba that we don't already know? Any sort of cruise centric restrictions? Where do the ships let out? Anything you think we should know, hit me with it. We're planning on booking the trip in the next few days. I can't wait for everyone on the ship to talk about what excursions they'll be doing. Our only excursions that day will be to park our rear ends in the Eagle Beach sand, across from the Amsterdam Manor, and get up only when it's time for dinner at El Gaucho.

Hope everyone is doing well!

- A

That sounds like a great plan! Congrats on your little girl!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    yay, a girl!!!

cruises to aruba are becoming very popular.

the cruise port is downtown and is a short walk to the bus depot.
    also too taxis are readily available

will your ship be in port late evening?

the carnival sunshine port of call is from 8 a to 5p (in mid april)
    plenty of time for beach

the most popular shore excursion is DePalm Island, DePalm ATV tour.
    Quote Originally Posted by amumma View Post
    Hi folks!

Haven't been around in a while as my wife and I have been busy with our 4 month old daughter as of late. I'm going to start trying to get on here more as I've always enjoyed the company of fellow Aruba lovers.

I'm just curious what people think about cruises that go to Aruba? My wife and I are planning to go on a cruise in 2017 and it visits Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao. Is there anything we should know about cruising to Aruba that we don't already know? Any sort of cruise centric restrictions? Where do the ships let out? Anything you think we should know, hit me with it. We're planning on booking the trip in the next few days. I can't wait for everyone on the ship to talk about what excursions they'll be doing. Our only excursions that day will be to park our rear ends in the Eagle Beach sand, across from the Amsterdam Manor, and get up only when it's time for dinner at El Gaucho.

Hope everyone is doing well!

- A

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    yay, a girl!!!

cruises to aruba are becoming very popular.

the cruise port is downtown and is a short walk to the bus depot.
    also too taxis are readily available

will your ship be in port late evening?

the carnival sunshine port of call is from 8 a to 5p (in mid april)
    plenty of time for beach

the most popular shore excursion is DePalm Island, DePalm ATV tour.
    Excellent! I'm glad that it's downtown, it should be relatively easy then to get around. It's going to be a tease only having one day in Aruba, but fortunately we know what to hit and what to avoid. When everyone else is on the ATV tour, we'll be on the beach sipping some delicious drink from Passions Beach Bar.

We'll be in port from 8am to 8pm. My wife and I had planned on being the first ones off the ship at 8am to get over to Eagle Beach for a good spot. Probably grab lunch at Passions Beach Bar (I remember some delicious shrimp thing I had there last time) and then head to a 530 reservation at El Gaucho. Chow til about 7 and then we'll walk back to the ship. It'll be a real tease, but we'll be back for 7-10 days in April 18 for our 5th Wedding Anniversary.

Aruba since 1979
    glad to have been a help!

reminder, the ship will ask you to be back onboard about 1 hour prior to departure.
    also...you will always be on ship's time, so play close attention to that.

we are heading out on carnival's sunshine in a few months and have a 1 day visit in aruba.
    8 am to 5 pm, but we have to be back onboard by 4.

enjoy

Our friends are doing this cruise at the end of March:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Carib...ami-RVA160320/

They asked for a suggestion (they're NOT excursion people) so we suggested they wait for the first wave of disembarking passengers to get off, grab a taxi, head to the Bucuti, plunk their butts down at "The Sandbar" for sun and cocktails, then head to "Elements" for dinner. They also wanted to swing by our house to see it so that'll be their "excursion" on the island.

And I suspect she'll be making a pit stop at Louis Vuitton when she lays eyes on it... "It's duty free! I can't afford to NOT buy something!"

Aruba since 1979
    luis vuitton

the bucuti sandbar......last i heard they were only open to bucuti guests

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post

They asked for a suggestion (they're NOT excursion people) so we suggested they wait for the first wave of disembarking passengers to get off, grab a taxi, head to the Bucuti, plunk their butts down at "The Sandbar" for sun and cocktails, then head to "Elements" for dinner. They also wanted to swing by our house to see it so that'll be their "excursion" on the island.

And I suspect she'll be making a pit stop at Louis Vuitton when she lays eyes on it... "It's duty free! I can't afford to NOT buy something!"

glad to have been a help!

reminder, the ship will ask you to be back onboard about 1 hour prior to departure.
    also...you will always be on ship's time, so play close attention to that.

we are heading out on carnival's sunshine in a few months and have a 1 day visit in aruba.
    8 am to 5 pm, but we have to be back onboard by 4.

enjoy
    They're going to have to drag me back onto the ship kicking and screaming. Maybe I'll set up some appointments with a realtor that day in Aruba and start a new life.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post

Oh, that looks like an absolutely fabulous trip. 12pm to 11pm in Aruba is a nice time. Little on the late side to plunk down at the beach all day, but if they bounce between Eagle and the bar at the AM they'll have a grand old time!

luis vuitton

the bucuti sandbar......last i heard they were only open to bucuti guests
    Oh no! Is that recent? We've always gone there before eating at "Carte Blanche" or "Elements" - 2 for 1 happy hour!!! Ugh! Say it ain't so!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast