Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Cruising to Aruba

We recently booked at the Bucuti and I noticed in their brochure it says the Sand Bar is exclusively for guests and their visitors. They are also NO cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    We recently booked at the Bucuti and I noticed in their brochure it says the Sand Bar is exclusively for guests and their visitors. They are also NO cash.
    Ugh. Then it is recent. We always used our VISA.

Visa is okay. We had lunch at Elements, paid with Visa and we were not staying there. I wonder if they enforce the guest only policy at the Sand Bar?

Aruba since 1979
    i think it is enforced.
    when ACT1966 mentioned the sand bar, i immediately thought about their policy.
    a few months ago, someone mentioned it to me ....they were turned away.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Visa is okay. We had lunch at Elements, paid with Visa and we were not staying there. I wonder if they enforce the guest only policy at the Sand Bar?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i think it is enforced.
    when ACT1966 mentioned the sand bar, i immediately thought about their policy.
    a few months ago, someone mentioned it to me ....they were turned away.
    Come to think of it... we did mention each time that we were dining at "Elements" or "Carte Blanche" and they would go let the restaurant know... I wonder if that's the loophole...?

Aruba since 1979
    that would be a good loophole!!

awaiting your yesterday report. hurry, i have to leave here at 7!

(maybe Bucuti is trying to keep out the riff raff )
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Come to think of it... we did mention each time that we were dining at "Elements" or "Carte Blanche" and they would go let the restaurant know... I wonder if that's the loophole...?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    (maybe Bucuti is trying to keep out the riff raff )
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Since Costa Linda is right next door to Bucuti, a lot of people from Costa Linda used to frequent their bar, before Costa Linda built their new, beautiful beach bar. A year or two ago, Bucuti changed it's policy and started only allowing their guests to frequent their bar. I think that it was around the same time that they took down their palapas and put in the umbrellas. Rumor has it that one of the reasons for doing that was to give them more control over keeping people out who weren't guests. I guess that since the umbrellas are hotel property, where palapas are considered public property for some reason, they can keep them for "hotel guests only."

In January we were staying at Caribbean Palm Village and we wanted to see Aruba's Hands jewelry. I sent her a Facebook message and she said she'd be at the Bucuti on Sunday evening. Four of us girls had one of our husbands drop us off there to shop. After we made our jewelry purchases we had about 30 minutes till he was coming back to pick us up. We sat at the outside beach bar and we each ordered a drink. When we went to pay the bartender very nicely said "we don't take cash." "Aren't you staying here?" Then I realized I kept seeing people just signing their receipts. We were able to put it on a credit card. By the way, if we would have known it was happy hour we each would have had another drink. They were wonderful!

Amsterdam Manor, anywhere with a hot sun and a cold drink.
    Jumping back on topic really quick (lol, sorry!) does anyone know if you can get on/off the ship as many times as you like? We want to go from the beach to El Gaucho, but would prefer stopping at the ship to change first.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast