Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Customs Kiosk

Aruba since 1979

Customs Kiosk

Unsure if this should go in the airline category (since we have no airport category )

Who among the many traveling to the USA from Aruba in the past few months have experienced the passport scanner thing in the US Customs room?

(I am not referring to the Global entry)

We did on Sunday. It was a little intimidating knowing that there was a line behind us but there were a few people working to help anyone that had questions. I think they need to chnage the way the line wraps along the wall in the luggage room. I could see a long line being an issue when others are just trying to find their bags.
    We had one of the later flights on Sunday and it was about 1.5 hours from taxi to gate.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    We used it on a Friday a few weeks ago. The line was short and we had no problems with it. We had to take the form to the US customs people, who still asked us all of the questions that they used to ask. I don't see how this will make the process any quicker, but as it was stated in another thread, it may free up some of the customs agents to focus on better visual screening (as it did in catching the drug smuggler).

We used it on Feb. 8. Simple and easier than filling out a form by hand and answering questions. No lines behind us, so no pressure there. There was a person there to walk us through it.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    wait, we don't have to fill out that customs declaration form anymore when leaving Aruba? I still filled it out, went through the kiosk scanner and then still had to go to the custom's agent. and they took that form from us. so i'm perplexed. we no longer need that form or we still need it regardless.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    No, you don't need to fill out the form anymore. The scanner is to replace the form.

Aruba since 1979
    thanks
    and i am going to keep this in this GENERAL category

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    wait, we don't have to fill out that customs declaration form anymore when leaving Aruba? I still filled it out, went through the kiosk scanner and then still had to go to the custom's agent. and they took that form from us. so i'm perplexed. we no longer need that form or we still need it regardless.
    That's interesting. We weren't given a form and no one asked for one.

Aruba since 1979
    when gaby was last there it was in late nov or early dec?
    the machines and staff were not quite warmed up

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    That's so true, Andrea. I think they were only operating a couple of weeks. We'll I'm glad about that. Now if united would put a kiosk there to print boarding passes, that would be perfect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast