Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: DePalm Island?

DePalm Island?

Coming back for our 6th time in Aruba in January with my son and his young family. Thinking of booking the DePalm Island day trip. Thought they'd like the waterpark and other activities there. But we've never been. How is the food? Facilities? Anyone care to give a personal review? It's over $100 per person so we are curious. Sounds like a decent deal. Any coupons or promotions? Thanks for any info.

Aruba since 1979
    My husband and I have been to DePalm Island numerous times.
    It is an expensive outing for a family.
    There may or may not be coupons in the usual places....such as the handout tourist books at airports, books with coupons at the resort lobbies and grocery stores.

The food is plentiful and pretty basic and decent...burgers, dogs, chicken. The beverages are good and varied...soft drinks, beer, liquor etc.. Last time we were there , there were no frozen drinks offered.

The snorkeling is good...lots of the reef is dead though, from folks standing on it and from the feeding of the fish. The fish that are there are gorgeous.

The water park is great for kids 10 and younger.
    There are restroom and changing facilities..I think too there are showers.

I hope that you can find coupons as it is an expensive venture.

You may want to consider a half day there as it is less expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramdee View Post
    Coming back for our 6th time in Aruba in January with my son and his young family. Thinking of booking the DePalm Island day trip. Thought they'd like the waterpark and other activities there. But we've never been. How is the food? Facilities? Anyone care to give a personal review? It's over $100 per person so we are curious. Sounds like a decent deal. Any coupons or promotions? Thanks for any info.

I agree with the half day thing. We go to the island pretty much every year but only for a half day. I can start to get repetitious after a few hours...even with the free booze ....although with no real kids, only adult kids, you can only go down the water slide so many times before becoming completely water logged !!!!
    All that said....I love it !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    We went to De Palm on two trips a long time ago. It cost $4 to ride the ferry over and you could stay all day. They had a bar that served burgers and drinks. We snorkeled and that was about it. The Parrot fish are beautiful but the coral is dead. The beach is not very good or wasn't then and it seemed a lot windier than most other places. It was worth the $4 to see the Parrot fish, I would not pay a $100 a person to take my family there. I would take them to Baby Beach to swim and snorkel, rent some lounge chairs and have a burger at Big Mamas and leave when I got ready. I just don't see the attraction of De Palm for the price. Just my opinion.

IMO, it's only about $10 difference between the half day & full day prices. Totally worth it to spend a few extra dollars and be able to stay if you and the family are enjoying it. The banana boat ride is a ton of fun, the water slides are great for the kids. There is volleyball and kid-friendly food as well as adult friendly food & drinks Small enough that the kids can have some freedom running around (depending on age) while parents can relax on the beach area or grab a massage.

ETA: Of course that is if you have your own transportation because then you can leave whenever you want.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    as an addendum.....avoid DePalm on days when there is more than 1 cruise ship in port. DePalm is their #1 shore excursion and the place gets packed.

Depalm island

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    as an addendum.....avoid DePalm on days when there is more than 1 cruise ship in port. DePalm is their #1 shore excursion and the place gets packed.
    The kids are 3 & 2 so the waterpark looks good for a break from the beach and they love music. In everyone's opinion, what day would be the best one to go? They are joining us late Saturday thru Friday and we have our own rental transportation. Thanks, all have been helpful!

Aruba since 1979
    I recommend a weekday providing no cruise ships in port.
    Does depalm charge for 2 and 3 yr olds?