Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: digicel and setar hot spot devices and my locked/unlocked iphone 6splus

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    well, I hate to say it Andrea but with Verizon, it doesn't surprise me. I have a 3 call rule with Verizon & Comcast (xfinity). You have to call 3 times before you get the right answer. the first two calls, one says one thing and the 2nd says another. Usually the 3rd call is correct, lol.

Here in Canada (which is now changed and companies are no longer allowed to sell locked phones) I contacted my carrier and paid $50 to have my phone unlocked. They did it remotely and then I was good to use a Aruba SIM card. I have been using Digicel for years and very pleased with their internet coverage.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    well, I hate to say it Andrea but with Verizon, it doesn't surprise me. I have a 3 call rule with Verizon & Comcast (xfinity). You have to call 3 times before you get the right answer. the first two calls, one says one thing and the 2nd says another. Usually the 3rd call is correct, lol.
    That's if you are lucky. I had a issue with my computer, and called Comcast(it was an email issue). They told me it was my router. Next they told me it was my modem. I went to our shore condo and had the same issue. I called them and I said it had to be my settings(I could get email, but not send it) and asked them how I should configure it to work with Comcast. They told me they didn't have that information and to call Apple. I hung up and googled it. Comcast page came up with all the settings- you know, the settings Comcast said they didn't have and the girl had checked with someone else. Several clicks and I was able to send email.

Aruba since 1979
    unlocked VZ update

our phone is indeed unlocked
    i spoke to a nice lady at verizon AND her supervisor and both told me it was unlocked

(i am sorry i should have let floks know sooner)
    we got a sim for our phones, digital 3gb for $28 each

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    That's if you are lucky. I had a issue with my computer, and called Comcast(it was an email issue). They told me it was my router. Next they told me it was my modem. I went to our shore condo and had the same issue. I called them and I said it had to be my settings(I could get email, but not send it) and asked them how I should configure it to work with Comcast. They told me they didn't have that information and to call Apple. I hung up and googled it. Comcast page came up with all the settings- you know, the settings Comcast said they didn't have and the girl had checked with someone else. Several clicks and I was able to send email.
    Robin, we have comcast. i have a rule, i call three times. you can't call them once, you never get the right info. you have to call three times, lol...

andrea, did you call verizon again or was it already unlocked and digicell was wrong?

Good 'ol Communist-cast...they don't like me much after some of our less then pleasant conversations about the quality (or lack thereof) of their services and products...only good thing is I'm pretty sure I've been flagged because I almost always get sent directly to a supervisor...assuming someone ever answers! Got put on hold for 30 minutes once using my usual phone number...daughter calls from her phone and got right through...hmmmm...

Never take life too seriously...you'll never get out of it alive!!

Aruba since 1979
    it was unlocked and Digicel was wrong

Robin, we have comcast. i have a rule, i call three times. you can't call them once, you never get the right info. you have to call three times, lol...

andrea, did you call verizon again or was it already unlocked and digicell was wrong?

I have no idea how that works. Is there something you open on the back of the phone to put in? we never did that before and obviously won't be able to do it until next year's trip unless we pay off the phone before than.

Aruba since 1979
    verizon told me that ALL of their iPhones are now unlocked.......i am not sure that i believe that.

How do they install the sim card. How long is that sim card for, the $28. Also, for how much data, is that alot
    Last edited by gaby; 11-11-2017 at 09:08 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast