Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: digicel and setar hot spot devices and my locked/unlocked iphone 6splus

Aruba since 1979
    if you take your protective case off your phone there is a side slot with covering.
    use a paper clip to open the little drawer...it pops out.
    your verizon sim card is there (tiny)

the digicel or setar person removes the card ...they insert either the digicel or the star sim.

they give you the verizon sim, taped to the wrapper that the new one came in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKW_TX4fsGQ

they enter the code and you are done.
    you are also given a phone number for aruba.

mine was 3 gb. and i have had it for a week.
    so far i have used 993 mb, so i still have a little more than 2 GB to last me til wednesday.
    if i am in wifi range, i use wifi instead.
    the data is good for 30 days.

go to google and type in how to insert sim card on iPhone and it will show u.

when we leave on Wednesday, we will insert the old VZ card and toss the Digicel card.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 11-11-2017 at 09:18 AM.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Thank you Andrea. I did call verizon and she said all 4g verizon phones are unlocked. She told me how to do it. So you can use it for phone and internet, right. Sorry i ask so many questions but we are new to smartphones and no longer have Mio. If i recall, isn't there a digicell by superfoods? Also, how is the service, like if you wanted to surf the internet say on the beach (arashi)

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    We did a live chat with digicell. They are located in Curacao. They have a special that is $20 for sim card and a data plan is $30 for 15gb. He doesn't know if that special will be there by the time we get there but they think so. Otherwise, you do the 3gb. We are going to stop at the store by superfoods and talk to them. But if it doesn't work good on arashi, we are not sure. We have internet at the house. So if the service is not good on Arashi, we don't need it. I figured if anyone would know the servicethere, it would be you, Andrea, lol. The guy said it should BUT they are upgrading so it could be spotty. We laughed, very diplomatic answer, lol

Aruba since 1979
    Internet at Boca Catalina using data was spotty to good at Boca Catalina about a 1/4 mile south of Arashi

we are at least glad to be able to have something. actually, its more reasonable than mio was

It was 27 out today when I left for a meeting at 8 AM. This trip can't come fast enough.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123