Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Dimas Any one have an Answer?

DIMAS of Aruba has posted new 2009 regulations for people to stay longer than 30 days.
    I have sent DIMAS 2 E-mails, starting a month ago, asking for a clarification as whether as a Canadian I need to apply for a Visa to stay longer than 30 days. I have not received a reply as yet.
    If any one can find out answers to the Visa question PLEASE let us know.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY INTO ARUBA AS A TOURIST
    DURATION OF ADMISSION
    The maximum period of time that a person can be admitted to Aruba as a tourist is in principle 30 days. The total amount of days a person can stay in Aruba as a tourist cannot exceed 180 days per year.
    Extension of stay upon entry
    Upon entry in Aruba, the following persons can apply for an extension of their stay for more than 30 days but
    not exceeding 180 days:
    − nationals of the Kingdom of the Netherlands can request an extension of their stay for up to 180
    consecutive days;
    − nationals from the countries mentioned in list A and visa required persons who are exempt from the
    visa requirement, can request an extension of their stay for up to 180 consecutive days, if:
    �� they have property in Aruba, i.e. a house, condominium, apartment, time-share,
    apartment or a pleasure yacht moored in Aruba with a length of at least 14 meters
    measured from the water line. They must show proof of ownership of the property.
    For a stay of up to 180 days.
    �� If they don’t have property in Aruba, they must have a declaration of guarantee from
    a resident of Aruba who will act as guarantor for and be liable for any costs incurred
    during their stay. The guarantor in Aruba can download the declaration of guarantee
    from our website, following the procedures to have it legalized and sent it to the
    visitor abroad; the tourist can request for a stay of up to 90 days.
    �� The migration officer is satisfied that the visitor has sufficient funds to cover his
    extended stay.
    WWW.DIMASARUBA.COM
    dimas@aruba.gov.aw
    All tourists who apply for an extension of their stay beyond 30 days are required to have travel insurance
    (medical and liability) valid for the duration of the extended stay.
    If a tourist wants to stay longer then the number of days granted by the immigration officer on the ED-card upon
    admission, he or she can apply at the office of Dimas for an extension for up to 180 days if applicable. The form
    for tourist stay extension is available at the office of the DIMAS, and can also be downloaded
    fromwww.dimasaruba.com. An application for an extension of stay can be filed at the DIMAS from Monday to
    Thursday, from 2:30PM-4:00PM. There is no filing fee for a tourist extension application.
    The following documents have to be presented:
    − original application form for extension of tourist stay;
    − copy of the profile page and all the written and stamped pages of the petitioner’s passport, valid for
    at least another 3 months when the extension is applied for;
    − copy Embarkation-Disembarkation card (ED-card);
    − copy valid return ticket;
    − copy of travel insurance (medical and liability) valid for the duration of the extended stay;
    − if the petitioner is not staying at his own private residence or at a hotel/resort, he needs to present
    a declaration of guarantee from a resident of Aruba who will act as guarantor for their stay.
    Anyone wanting to stay longer than 180 days in Aruba will need a residence permit and will not be
    considered a tourist.
    Visa required persons exempted from the visa requirementThe following persons, who normally require a visa, are exempt from this requirement:
    − holders of a valid residence permit (temporary or permanent) from:
    �� another part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands;
    �� the United States of America;
    �� Canada

�� The Schengen Territory
    �� United Kingdom
    �� Ireland
    − Holders of a valid used (entry) visa for either the United States of America, Canada, The Schengen
    Territory (Schengen Visa), United Kingdom, Ireland, and who are nationals of Colombia;
    This category is exempt from the visa requirement for a period of admission of up to 48 hours.
    Where and how to apply for a visa
    Visa-required tourists need to apply for and have a visitor visa before coming to Aruba. In principle the visa
    must be applied for in person at an embassy or consulate of the Kingdom of the Netherlands (diplomatic
    mission). In some countries certain approved travel agencies can apply for a visa on behalf of their customers.
    For information about the visa requirements, to apply for a visa for Aruba, and for information on
    appointments/opening hours, the tourist can contact a consulate or embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
    in his country of residence or visit the websites of the Embassy or consulates concerned. For address information
    and websites of Dutch diplomatic missions abroad, visit the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs,
    www.mfa.nl/en.
    When do you need an invitation/declaration of guarantee?
    A visa-required tourist needs a declaration of guarantee/invitation to apply for a visa if he has been invited to
    participate in a sports event by an organization on Aruba or if he’ll be staying at the home of a relative or an
    acquaintance. The person or organization in Aruba who will act as guarantor for the tourist’s stay has to declare
    that they’ll guarantee all costs than can arise from the short stay of the tourist in Aruba. The guarantor is
    responsible for sending the declaration of guarantee/invitation to the visa-required tourist. Please note that
    having the declaration doesn’t mean that the visa will be issued. It is only one of the requirements that the visa
    applicant has to submit.
    The declaration of guarantee/invitation form is available at the office of the DIMAS and can also be downloaded
    from www.dimasaruba.com, as well as the instructions about the relevant procedure.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Could someone at the Amsterdam Manor get clarification from DIMAS for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Good idea! I would email Janine at AMBR - she's always knows everything!
    ~Amy~®

30th trip to Aruba: April 2014
    16 days in Rome/Southern Italy: Aug. 2014
    NYC: Nov. 2014
    31st trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2014

Wherever there is cold Balashi's, Rennaissance Island & Bully's Taxi
    Eagle I wish I had your problem.

i'm with you mark!!!!

The Management and Staff of the AM have been trying for months to get information for me. And other guests.

DIMAS seems to be unresponsive.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Extension of stay upon entry
    Upon entry in Aruba, the following persons can apply for an extension of their stay for more than 30 days but
    not exceeding 180 days:
    I'm going to take once last shot at this...

Because you are a Canadian and exempted from Visa regulations

Could this mean that upon arrival (entry)

you can than apply for the extension in person?

Meaning once on the island you could go to the DIMAS office to apply for the extension in person bringing along all the information listed as being required?

Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    Eagle I wish I had your problem.
    ditto

I'm going to take once last shot at this...

Because you are a Canadian and exempted from Visa regulations

Could this mean that upon arrival (entry)

you can than apply for the extension in person?

Meaning once on the island you could go to the DIMAS office to apply for the extension in person bringing along all the information listed as being required?
    Our problem is..... we arrive on Dec. 21st. The DIMAS office is only open certain hours. They will most likely be closed for a couple of weeks for the Christmas / New Years break. That does not leave up much time to get every thing sorted out.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Just been to Dimas w/i the last month and going again on
    Wed.

They updated the Dimas site to show hours and it now has
    some english in it! Yippee!

http://www.dimasaruba.com/

They take the "tourist extensions permit" after 2:30 - it's a
    first come first serve deal. Be prepared for a wait....

I would take the dimas site and put it thru the igoogle
    translator from dutch to english - it helps a lot!

They do have the forms on line - but do not know the specifics
    on what time frame you have to apply for the extension.

If you need more help - PM me and i'll see what I can
    do for you.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast