Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Directions to Casa Cuna Children's Home

My husband and I will be traveling to Aruba soon. Does anyone have directions or a general location of the Casa Cuna Children's Home? I do have a local number to dial when we arrive. We've packed some supplies (diapers, clothing, etc.) to drop off.

Thanks a bunch!

Aruba since 1979
    i am waiting for my husband to "remember" the way.
    we have been there a few times.

maybe our "resident" taxidrivers could post.

andrea

There is a children's home on the way to Marina Pirata. I'm not sure if it is the same one, but I believe there is only only 2 on the island - one for y oung children and one for older.

Head past the airport towards the brewery. Turn right at the light & go to the end of that road. Turn left. You will go over the bridge over some water. After you cross, there will be a small hill. The children's home is at the top of the hill.
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

Thanks!

I believe this is the place I am looking for - thanks so much everyone!!!

-Mod Momma

That's it, Tom & Karen have it right.
    I could'nt have explained it better
    Cyrilo Croes aka "Serry",Taxi service and private Island Tours

I posted the names and phone numbers on a previous post -
    would recommend you call first before stopping by to make
    sure there is someone there to accept your donation and
    speaks english!

If you can't find the info - i'll look around for the other post I sent.

Please update the board if you get a chance to about your
    visit and impressions of the place.

Regards,
    Liz

Dear All,

This past week my husband and I had the privilege to visit the Casa Cuna Children's Home in Aruba. This was such a wonderful experience for both of us. The children are so beautifully cared for and truly given a wonderful home to live in. We actually visited twice, the first day to drop off clothing, diapers and toys we brought from the States and then a second time the following day. We were given a tour of the facility and learned all about their program. The kids singing "Happy Birthday" to my hubby in English, Spanish and Dutch was a true treat. Virginia was most helpful in letting me know how visitors to the island could assist Casa Cuna in their good work. As always, monetary donations are welcome, but diapers (all sizes) and wipes are their greatest need. They would appreciate ringing them when you arrive to determine a good time to drop off a donation. Please consider packing just a little extra when making your next trip. Your return will be ten fold in smiles and laughter. In a later post I will discuss my meeting with Corine de Cuba of the Marantha Church and the Hagar Single Moms Group. I'll gladly answer any questions you may have regarding Casa Cuna or Hagar Single Moms.

-Mod Momma