Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Disturbing Article In Today's Aruba Traveller Regarding Crime On Page #4

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    There was actually an arrest made today. A lot of the news is at awe24.com, unfortunately, it's only available in Papiamento and not in English:

http://www.awe24.com/20150810/22512/...confisca_polis
    The video speaks for itself!!

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    The video speaks for itself!!
    Yes! And looking thought the news articles. I speak a little bit Spanish, so I get a rough idea what the articles are about.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Interesting. They seem to be pointing directly at illegal immigration as the root cause... I wonder what data they have to back up that correlation?
    Probably because the people that are arrested for the crimes are not citizens.

As for Traveling any where one must not let their guides down. Even at your local malls and etc.
    When we were in Aruba we did see a lot of police on the day the King and Queen was there.. Did manage to speak to one a local..
    Asked him about crime rates and he talked with us that there is some just like any where else but not the high rated ones like murder, drugs and etc.
    Also stated they were over staff due to the visit.. Ask how does royalty come to their their island.. An invitation was sent to them a while back and they accepted.
    We really felt safe walking in the downtown area.. Even took a walk at night and never felt uncomfortable.
    Been to a lot of islands and to be honest Aruba we felt the safest and we walked all night...
    Also news media does make things seem bigger than they actually are..

We all travel to Aruba for a number of reasons which have been discussed throughout the Forum. The question that I ask myself now is how will this influx of more frequent crimes and more violent crimes affect our travel plans to the island.

We ourselves often venture off the tourist areas and mingle at the more local establishments, often in to the evening hours. Will we continue to do so?
    Will we still consider purchasing property on the island, as the number of reported house robberies and car thefts continue to increase?

We agree that there is no perfect world, even in our own back yard, but Aruba seemed that much closer to it. A place where a stranger could enjoy the climate, local culture and it's people, without the feeling of always looking over one's shoulder.

Will Aruba become like so many other islands in the Caribbean? A place where you are only resort safe and everything is all inclusive?

We certainly hope not. The tourism industry can be and is a very fragile thing. Hopefully the Government of Aruba can get a handle on things before an event of magnitude sets it's tourism industry in recession.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Picked up today's paper....
    Providence, RI homocide....
    abduction
    arson
    drug arrest
    robbery
    rape
    ......I'm going to Aruba where it's safe!!!!!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Tell me about it...Aruba is so unlike our own back yard. I hope that it never reminds us of our everyday surroundings. That's why we love it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Picked up today's paper....
    Providence, RI homocide....
    abduction
    arson
    drug arrest
    robbery
    rape
    ......I'm going to Aruba where it's safe!!!!!
    Last edited by schexc; 08-10-2015 at 09:43 PM.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Just watching the news here....is very sad. The land of opportunity where one can get robbed, rape, murder and etc.
    Makes me think about buying me a second husband in Aruba and got dual citizenship... (but don't think my DH would approve)

When we were in aruba these past two weeks, we saw an interesting scene on route 3 right near Sole Mare. This was on Tuesday August 4th. They had the road closed for a little while, with three police cars blocking the road. Right when we exited Barney they starting allowing cars to go through. As soon as we got past the blocked area, an Ambulance came speeding past us to that area. Im not sure what exactly was going on, but Im now wondering if it was one of the shootings that the article discussed.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Just watching the news here....is very sad. The land of opportunity where one can get robbed, rape, murder and etc.
    Makes me think about buying me a second husband in Aruba and got dual citizenship... (but don't think my DH would approve)
    Maybe he would if it was a package deal with another wife thrown in.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast