Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Divi is going strawless!

Additional to the straws, paper napkins, paper plates, and plastic utensils have also been eliminated. Pizza per Tutti at Tamarijn now uses reuseable unbreakable plates, metal utensils and cloth napkins. Previously it was paper plates (that blew away easily)’ plastic utensils, and paper napkins. Drink napkins (under drink glasses) are nonexistent.

it did take some getting use to drinking some frozen drinks without a straw. We had planned ahead and brought a package of paper straws with us. Eventually learned to do without.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    [QUOTE=CK1;331969]They might replace the plastic straws with paper straws. You might have to request one. That is what La Cabana is doing. I hope, Divi does the same. I read it on the other thread:

I hope they do, this would be a nice gesture. I bring straws every year for my RTIC mugs so they are extra long. but it was a pain to carry around to the bars plus I actually had to cut them to make them shorter for the bar cups (lol). I am guessing the paper straws we used as kids have come a long way as far as being able to drink a frozen drink from. I saw some on tv the other day and they were also very pretty with colorful flowers on them. Guess it is all getting used to.

Aruba since 1979
    we have metal straws and a long skinny cleaning brush for our rtic.

i am certain that i will be buying a few frozen drinks at lacabana's happy hr and i can pour the miami vices into my RTIC.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

i am certain that i will be buying a few frozen drinks at lacabana's happy hr and i can pour the miami vices into my RTIC.
    We have silicone straws for our cups. Pam left the long skinny brush at Surf Club one year, you'd a thought it was a piece of jewelry

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

I may check these out, I love the idea of a cleaning brush. Stupid quesiton alert: the metal straws don't get "hot" in the sun do they? Sorry I know it is a silly question, just asking :-)

Aruba since 1979
    nope they do not get hot

https://www.amazon.com/Bottlebottle-...ng+brush&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    I may check these out, I love the idea of a cleaning brush. Stupid quesiton alert: the metal straws don't get "hot" in the sun do they? Sorry I know it is a silly question, just asking :-)

Thanks for the link, just ordered them :-)

Malibu out here in So Cal has banned plastic straws. We were in 1 bar and they claimed to use 500,00 straws per year-just 1 one bar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12