Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Andrea J.
  • 2 Post By Arubalisa
  • 1 Post By Edronenburg

Thread: Doctor/Pharmacy?

Doctor/Pharmacy?

We're leaving for Aruba soon, and unfortunately I've come down with a cold. I'm sure being on a plane for 6 hours on Saturday won't be helpful to my recovery, either.

I've had similar colds in the past that sometimes develop into nasty sinus infections or similar. Is seeing a doctor something that is easy to do on Aruba? Normally, I get some zithromycin or a similar antibiotic.

Thanks

Aruba since 1979
    yes

there is a good doctor Dr Habibe i will find his number and post it.

also too all of the resorts have a house physician that can be called on your behalf. there is a fee payable to the resort who in turn pays the dr. it is a phone consultation and if the dr feels you need to be seen, then an office visit will be arranged.

Habibe Dr Family Practice Clinic
    Noord 11 B
    Telephone: 297-586-5200
    Of
    Telephone: 297-586-5100

but to save yourself the frustration and aggravation of being sicker on island and having to go to a dr...........ask your doctor to check you out now and to write you a script for what he thinks you might need in the event that your headcold turns to something else.

Quote Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
    We're leaving for Aruba soon, and unfortunately I've come down with a cold. I'm sure being on a plane for 6 hours on Saturday won't be helpful to my recovery, either.

I've had similar colds in the past that sometimes develop into nasty sinus infections or similar. Is seeing a doctor something that is easy to do on Aruba? Normally, I get some zithromycin or a similar antibiotic.

Thanks
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 04-11-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Andrea gives good advice. My doctor very grudgingly prescribes ANYTHING. However, when told that I will be traveling internationally she willingly prescribes an antibiotic to take as "insurance".

Thanks Andrea & Lisa! I left a message for my doctor today, so I'll see what happens

Again, NewJeffCT; how lucky we are to have Andrea and Arubalisa as our monitors. They both give splendid advice and one cannot go wrong.

Ed

Good advice to see/speak with your doctor ahead of time. A friend of ours flew on a long flight with a cold and her eardrum burst. So when we were due for a long flight and I had a cold, my doctor prescribed Claritan D for before the flight and I was fine.