Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dog Transporter

Dog Transporter

Hi,

I am new to this website, but my husband and I love Aruba. We travel to Aruba twice a year.

We are looking for someone to transport a puppy from Aruba back to Boston. We were recently there on vacation and found a dog we wanted to adopt. Unfortunately, she had to have medication for a couple of weeks because her blood level was low and wasn't able to return with us. She should be all set to travel within a week or two.

If you would like to volunteer to assist in bringing our puppy home, please let us know.

Thank you
    Alison

Aruba since 1979
    hi alison

welcome to the aruba.com community forum

thank you so much for adopting an aruba dog!

i am going to direct stella (billstellr) and kathy (sugar) to this thread.
    they are 2 of the board members for ARF-Aruba.
    also too, i will message member leslie (luvsun)...she and her husband own scott's brats near the playa linda and hopefully maybe one of these fine women will be able to make a suggestion.

is your pup small enough to be brought home in a pet carrier as carry on?

good luck and again, thank you for helping a dog in need.

Quote Originally Posted by AlisonG View Post
    Hi,

I am new to this website, but my husband and I love Aruba. We travel to Aruba twice a year.

We are looking for someone to transport a puppy from Aruba back to Boston. We were recently there on vacation and found a dog we wanted to adopt. Unfortunately, she had to have medication for a couple of weeks because her blood level was low and wasn't able to return with us. She should be all set to travel within a week or two.

If you would like to volunteer to assist in bringing our puppy home, please let us know.

Thank you
    Alison

Alison, Ruba is doing great. She will have to travel on either Delta or American to Boston. If anyone is traveling on either airline and will volunteer to transport Ruba, arf-aruba will make all the arrangements. We will meet you at the airport with Ruba.

Aruba since 1979
    for those of you wondering.......jet blue does not allow dogs in checked baggage....only as carry on if thy fit in the pet carrier and can fit under the seat ahead.

american and delta DO take the animals in the large crates as checked.

Ruba got the all clear to travel from the vet this morning. She is definitely too big to fit under the seat so she will have to travel on Delta or American.
    She is going to her new home in Boston so if you can help, ARF will make all the arrangements.

Hi AlisonG"

Though I cannot help you...but am sure others will...I do want t extend a very warm welcome to the "Forum."

What a nice thing to do to adopt the puppy. Hope it works out well.

Happy New Year.

Ed

Thank you all for your response. I'm sure it will work out and Ruba will be with us in Boston very soon.

Alison

There are thousands of unwanted pets throughout the USA needing loving homes.

Aruba since 1979
    yes indeed there are.
    and there are many cats and dogs in aruba that need homes too.

this thread is about a dog transporter for a pup from aruba to boston......and is 6 months old.

if you care to create another thread about the USA animals in need i ask that you create a thread in the off topic area.

thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    There are thousands of unwanted pets throughout the USA needing loving homes.

Boca Catalina Baby beach Eagle beach Mango Halto
    Hi, my better half and I will be in Aruba 8/10-8/25 flying AA thru Mia to Boston, willing to help if you can wait that long. Never done this before, don't know how it works but like I said willing to try and we are flying to Boston via AA. Is a 2.5 hr stopover in Mia ok,
    and does someone meet us at the airport in Boston (don't think my cat would like us bringing a D_O_G (shhhh) home).Let me know
    and details.

Mike T

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast