Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Doggie needs a ride

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach

Doggie needs a ride

A friend of mine is trying to adopt a very precious dog that we found on the beach. She just found out that she can't take her back with her because she is changing planes in Charlotte, which doesn't allow dogs. Is anyone flying back in the next few weeks who can bring her back? My friend lives in Boston, but is willing to drive to New York or somewhere not too far away to pick her up. Thanks so much!

Aruba since 1979
    put out the word AUA to BOS

there has got to be many heading home.

(if the dog is treated as cargo)
    it does not take much. it requires the passenger (dog transporter) to be the ticket holder, (ARF Aruba will go thru ticketing with you to get the dog checked in)
    then the dog is taken to the cargo area and next time you see him/her is in boston at baggage claim for large items, where the dog's owner will meet you!
    the new owner of the ARF-Aruba picks up the tab for dog's ticket.
    the transporter is technically just a formality...someone to go the ticket with the dog.

(if the dog is treated as a carry on)
    the dog will stay the whole time with the transporter and will be in a soft sided carrier that fits under the seat
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 02-07-2016 at 09:50 AM.

I think we found someone. If she gets cleared from the vet by Tuesday, someone here at Costa Linda has offered to take her. She's on her way to the vet now.

Aruba since 1979
    i hope the new owner is prepared to have to leave her for more than a few days at the vet.
    if she was loaded with ticks, she may be anemic.
    i hope that all goes exceptionally well!

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    I think we found someone. If she gets cleared from the vet by Tuesday, someone here at Costa Linda has offered to take her. She's on her way to the vet now.

It looks like the dog won't be going home anytime soon. Her name is Ruby, short for Aruba. Her red blood cells are 6 out of 125, which is beyond critical. Her white blood cells aren't great either. She's getting shots for a while, and if they don't work, she has to have a blood transfusion. They said that if we hadn't gotten her off of the beach, she would have been dead in a week. We are hoping that she will be well enough to go back to the US in a few weeks.

Good job saving the little dog. I am hoping for the best, I have 2 at home and they are a part of the family...

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    OMG! I'm so sorry that Ruby is in such a bad shape! And I'm so happy that you and the other lady are now caring for her. I'm hoping and praying for a full recovery.

Aruban dogs are so special and so sweet. So many are in dire need of help. Thank you for helping Ruby!

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Prayers for Ruby that she gets well soon and lives a long and happy life with her new family in the U.S.

I just read an update on Arf Aruba's Facebook page saying that Ruby was heading home to Wisconsin today! That's good news! Also saw a comment saying the transporter didn't know she had to take her through customs in Atlanta so she'll be in her crate a little longer but at least she's almost home.

Wisconsin does not sound like Boston, even if with our accent.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 02-06-2016 at 11:04 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast