Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Doggie needs a ride

Oops, maybe another pup got named Ruby? I was so optimistic!

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Thanks for the update, Peg!

I wish Ruby all the best, safe travels and a happy, happy life with her new family in the US!

Thanks to everyone who helped to safe Ruby!

Those Aruba dogs have a very special place in my heart. <3

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Peg is talking about a different Ruby. Our Ruby is going to be here quite a while. Besides her health, there is another hurdle. ARF told us that the only airlines transporting these dogs is American and Delta. Delta is stopping transporting dogs in March. American is only allowing them through certain connection cities. My friend is flying home to the Cape today on Amercian, connecting through Charlotte. Charlotte used to allow the dogs, but doesn't any longer, which is why she couldn't take her back if Ruby had been healthy enough. The arilines are making it harder and harder to get these precious babies off of the island. I'm here for two more weeks so I'll be the contact person for Ruby while I'm still in Aruba. At this point, we don't know when she can leave. We've all fallen in love with her and just want her well and in her new home.

Sorry it wasn't your Ruby that got to go home! Is the issue with the airline because of her size and she has to go in the cargo area? I had read that some airlines had restrictions because of the temperature in the cargo hold. Hope it all works out for her

I'm not sure what the issue is. Someone down here wrote a letter to Delta, complaining about them stopping the transports. Maybe if others do the same, it will help. This is such a shame because it is the only chance for a lot of these dogs.

It really is a shame. I also see that JetBlue has a 20 pound limit to dogs they will transport.

CK1
    It's really a shame if the airlines are making it so difficult. At least, one Ruby made it to her forever home. I hope, your Ruby will be allowed to travel soon as well and that a good solution will be found.

There are direct flights from Aruba to Boston. It seems only American and Delta are transporting bigger dogs, as you mentioned.

Hopefully, Ruby is ready to travel when you have to leave and if it takes a little longer until she is ready, a kind tourist could assist.

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    It's really a shame if the airlines are making it so difficult. At least, one Ruby made it to her forever home. I hope, your Ruby will be allowed to travel soon as well and that a good solution will be found.

There are direct flights from Aruba to Boston. It seems only American and Delta are transporting bigger dogs, as you mentioned.

Hopefully, Ruby is ready to travel when you have to leave and if it takes a little longer until she is ready, a kind tourist could assist.

I wish that we could take Ruby back, but, unforunately, we live in Va. and Ruby needs to go to Mass.

Way to go! You literally saved little Ruby's life! I'm sure she's grateful
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

CK1
    Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    I wish that we could take Ruby back, but, unforunately, we live in Va. and Ruby needs to go to Mass.
    Oh, I see. Hopefully, some kind tourists with a big heart for animals will assist to fly Ruby to Massachusetts when she is ready to travel.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast