Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Segod
  • 1 Post By CK1
  • 1 Post By CK1
  • 1 Post By CK1

Thread: Dogs On the island :(

Dogs On the island :(

Not sure if many people follow this group on facebook (Aruba flight volunteers/new life for paws foundation) but they provide a lot of help to the stray or abounded dogs on the island. They are currently trying to raise money for a Van since their jeep broke down. Any money helps!!

https://www.youcaring.com/new-life-f...A0oTC8A.mailto

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Thanks for caring for the dogs, puppies, cats and kittens of Aruba. They are in desperate need of help.

Yes, I'm well aware of those two rescue organizations and have already made a generous donation.

Thanks again for caring and bringing attention to this good cause.

CK1
    Here is the Facebook site of "Aruba Flight Volunteers" which is created by Marie Geerman. Curt/burghboy had Marie Geerman on his Podcast interviews twice. She and her small team are rescuing dogs and puppies, getting them treated at the veterinarian as many are in very bad shape when found (covered in ticks, fleas, therefore anemic, often heartworm positive, starved, dehydrated... ).

Aruba Flight Volunteers/Marie Geerman works together with other respected rescue organizations in Aruba like ARF and Stg. Pepper's Friends. They are many times looking for flight volunteers, tourists who are willing to help transport a dog, puppy, cat or kitten to a destination in the USA or Canada to their adoptive families. There are NO costs involved for the tourists who volunteer to bring one of those rescued animals with them, Marie German will organize everything and will pay for the flight of the dog, puppy, cat or kitten.

https://www.facebook.com/Aruba-Fligh...2730/timeline/

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Saw a dead dog on side of road this morning, it broke my heart

CK1
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Saw a dead dog on side of road this morning, it broke my heart
    This is so sad, Gaby.

I follow those Aruba rescue organizations on Facebook, what I keep reading is that the situations for those poor dogs is getting worse and worse as there is an over-population and many of those poor dogs and puppies live in the streets or in rural areas, with almost no food and no water. I donate to several of those rescue organizations, they are all small groups of people and do their most. But there are still so many dogs in need.
    Marie Geerman organized a big spay/neuter campaign together with ARF Animal Relief Foundation Aruba. A special team of veterinarians will come to Aruba on April 25 - April 30 2016 to do a massive spaying/neutering. They will need help, volunteers, donations etc. I always support them.

Aruba is a small island and I believe with the help of many it will be possible to get the over-population of dogs and cats down so that the suffering will end.

CK1
    Here is the FB site of "New Life for Paws Foundation".

https://www.facebook.com/NewLifeForPaws

It is a newer rescue organization, some young, very devoted ladies from Aruba. They work closely together with Marie Geerman. This was the group who had recently the "Ice Bucket Challenge" at the Dive Divi Resort to offset some of the costs for vet bills, special food etc for those poor dogs and puppies which were in very bad shape when they rescued them.

One of the puppies was Foxy, she was only skin and bones when found, close to death. An American tourist fell in love with her and adopted her after Foxy received medical care and lots of TLC from her rescue team. Foxy is now called "Ruby" and is now with her new family in the USA. She blossomed into a very beautiful and healthy little pup! I just LOVE those Happy Ending stories!

Foxy/Ruby's can be seen here, she is the pup in the pink sweater.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1671438&type=3

CK1
    Marie Geerman has been traveling to Aruba for almost 30 years and lived there for a decade. Right from the start, the Aruban dogs and cats touched her heart.

Curt/burghboy interviewed her. Here is her story:

EP15: Rescuing Aruba’s Dogs with Marie Geerman

http://onehappypodcast.com/ep15/