Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Dolphins in Aruba?

I know you can't swim with dolphins in Aruba (totally bummed about this) but is there a chance I might at least see some in the water while I'm there?

Totally random occurrence. We have been to Aruba 21 times and have never seen it. Your best chances would be out on a boat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtusndeRx4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx17WzlTQHc

while deep sea fishing last year we had a group of dolphins come up to us....the guys on the boat said they almost never see them....my hubby told them they always come around me no matter where we are...lol...so they are there.....

That is so weird, I have always seen them in Florida, I would have thought with the warm waters in Aruba they would be in abundance. I love dolphins, swimming with them is the very top item on my bucket list. Oh well, one day.

Aruba since 1979
    we have seen them only 2 or 3 times and each time we were on the water taxi/shuttle heading to or from renaissance island.

maybe they all head to florida to the gulf or mexico where the water temp is now 89 degrees?

water temp in aruba this time of year is 82-84.

Quote Originally Posted by pbumbaca View Post
    That is so weird, I have always seen them in Florida, I would have thought with the warm waters in Aruba they would be in abundance. I love dolphins, swimming with them is the very top item on my bucket list. Oh well, one day.

In my 26 trips to Aruba we've only seen them once. We were on the Tranquilo sailing back from snorkeling and we were farther off shore than usual. Had a group that played around and under the boat as we sailed. Fun day!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Many trips...never seen them. Ed