Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Down Town Traffic

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    I actually haven't been there in awhile. But now that you've mentioned it I just may experience the traffic.

Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)
    I don't think we have ever gone through downtown without having to wait 10 to 15 min. Our time share is at the Costa Linda then the Reinessance. No matter what we always hit traffic

Aruba since 1979
    There is considerable traffic on smith blvd these days due to lots of work going on at parliament. The whole front area is torn up and new walkways being created. Even with the work crews gone during the weekends it still seems to be an issue with people rubber necking.

In no way am I saying the parliament work is the only reason, but seems to me to be a significant reason.

Thumbs up

We use Bully for transportation because he knows all of the shortcuts.

I will never forget our first Christmas on the island we arrived on the last Saturday before Christmas and downtown was packed with holiday shoppers. What a maze of streets we traveled through, but we were never at a standstill. Greatly appreciated when you are beginning your vacation and just want to get to the RESORT.

The back roads can be a maze and could take you longer than if you just wait patiently on the main road. I hope some day they build a downtown bypass.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12