Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Retagger

Thread: drones

drones

Today someone asked about bringing a drone on vacation.I come to Aruba to feel safe.The government should band drones from the US because with the wind a.its only a matter of time before someone gets hurt.

I have seen some awesome pictures and videos from drones in Aruba so I hope they don't get banned. I think most amateurs who can't handle the wind will be cautious testing it out low to the ground first and not want to lose their expensive equipment.

cant get away from those d%&n things anywhere !!! LOL !!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I have seen some awesome pictures and videos from drones in Aruba so I hope they don't get banned. I think most amateurs who can't handle the wind will be cautious testing it out low to the ground first and not want to lose their expensive equipment.
    I agree with Tracey. We brought a drone down when we bought a piece of land to see if there would be a view of the sea if we built a two storey. The wind prevented us from flying high enough.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the posting side.

i think most of the drone pilots are quite cautious.
    i love watching the drone videos.

i hope drones are not banned.
    Quote Originally Posted by gosopal View Post
    Today someone asked about bringing a drone on vacation.I come to Aruba to feel safe.The government should band drones from the US because with the wind a.its only a matter of time before someone gets hurt.

Good morning & welcome to the posting side!

I love the video those drones & operators provide for us to view! Reminds me of that first glimpse of the island when landing
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I have traveled to Aruba with my Phantom P3P and Mavic drones with no issues. Flew with United out of Newark. I am also 107 licensed by the FAA in the US. (You need to be a licensed pilot with the FAA (Remote Pilot Certification) if you plan on selling or using any of your video footage for commercial use).

Just be aware of the No Fly Zones near the airport and the military base. They will show up on the DJI Go 4 system. Also be aware of the strong trade winds that can wreck havoc with your drone for inexperienced pilots.

As long as you fly with common sense and fly by AMA & FAA 107 rules, you will be fine. There are several so-called local professionals that have made videos by flying in a reckless manner. They were flying above hundreds of people during several of the recent parades. All it takes is one bad incident to ruin it for everyone.

I seem to remember a previous drone discussion maybe a year ago. I don't think I've changed my opinion. Drones are cool and they do take great videos. However, I was in the water near our hotel and someone was flying a drone around the beach and over the water. I did not like the noise it made and I don't want to be in someone else's video (which I guess can happen with cell phone video as well). I really didn't like it flying around our hotel room balcony.