Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Drones over Aruba

Palm Beach, Renaissance Island, Arikok National Park
    I think drones are pretty cool, however, there is a time and place for them. When we were there in 2014 we decided to have our 10th anniversary dinner at Passions on the Beach. While there a group of 10-15 decided it would be cool to bring out a drone and fly it over everybody while we were eating. They even decided to fly it out over the water to a boat to see what the people on the boat were doing. As I'm sure it produces awesome footage and pictures from above, I don't think it was the place to be flying that around. The look that the people got from our neighboring table could have killed someone...lol
    Aruba Trip #8....March 2018..

Quote Originally Posted by dq1974 View Post
    I think drones are pretty cool, however, there is a time and place for them. When we were there in 2014 we decided to have our 10th anniversary dinner at Passions on the Beach. While there a group of 10-15 decided it would be cool to bring out a drone and fly it over everybody while we were eating. They even decided to fly it out over the water to a boat to see what the people on the boat were doing. As I'm sure it produces awesome footage and pictures from above, I don't think it was the place to be flying that around. The look that the people got from our neighboring table could have killed someone...lol
    A well-aimed dinner roll would've resolved the situation.

EAGLE & PALM BEACH ORANJESTAD PADDOCK - MADAME JEANETTE SOLE MARE KUKKO KUNUKOO
    Bully had drone footage of New Years Eve, we had just arrived on New Years day , it was quite impressive with the amount of fireworks that were being shot off.

My son loves RC toys. But I'm not a fan of the camera drones. Agree; appropriate time and place is necessary. I don't want to be in anyone's vacation video but my own, unless asked and I'd probably still say no thank-you.

That being said, I did like the video someone took with a drone along the shore on other side of the island.

Someone had a drone when we were there last year. The noise from it was a little annoying after awhile, and I also didn't appreciate when it was overhead. I also thought they flew it too close to the hotel and balconies.

Junior Member RobKnight-Leatherby's Avatar
    If you are thinking of taking your Drone to Aruba,remember 2 things watch the trade winds and fly within the drone laws and safe flying,looking forward to seeing more video from Aruba,those that i have seen so far have been really good,I will publish mine on my return in A few weeks.

I'm with Vallond? Be aware and responsible and there should be no issue?

Junior Member RobKnight-Leatherby's Avatar
    I have been asked by a resort near Noorde to film there property with my Phantom 4,of which i am looking forwards to doing in soon.If anyone is interested in drone flying it is a great experience to fly them safely,which should be the only way to fly them,but you may hear it flying around parts of the wonderful Island in June.I am a very careful pilot and will not fly anywhere near crowds of people on the beaches and will always be at a safe height so as to not disturb visitors,most of my filming will be either along he coastliine or on the wilder sides of the island and places where not to many people go to.But the main and most important thing is I always fly Within the FAA or CAA drone laws.
    Last edited by RobKnight-Leatherby; 05-13-2016 at 01:17 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    well that is pretty awesome

once completed, and with the resort's permission will you post it?

Quote Originally Posted by RobKnight-Leatherby View Post
    I have been asked by a resort near Noorde to film there property with my Phantom 4,of which i am looking forwards to doing in soon.If anyone is interested in drone flying it is a great experience to fly them safely,which should be the only way to fly them,but you may hear it flying around parts of the wonderful Island in June.I am a very careful pilot and will not fly anywhere near crowds of people on the beaches and will always be at a safe height so as to not disturb visitors,most of my filming will be either along he coastliine or on the wilder sides of the island and places where not to many people go to.But the main and most important thing is I always fly Within the FAA or CAA drone laws.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12