Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    danadog you have a very understandable complaint.
    can u address it while you are in the venting mood to the man named in the earlier posts on the other thread?

it seems weird to me that with the hundreds of units at the divi village, divi links, tamarijn, divi all inclusive and those divi links condos that there are only maybe 30 or so shade huts and maybe 100 lounge chairs there.

that being said, lots of folks would kill to be able to sleep til 7 and then go down and get a hut and lounge by 8.......up at marriottville and other places the shade huts are gone by 7 or 7:30 during particular seasons.
    Andrea,
    Yes, I will send him an email...thanks for the suggestion...
    I really do not use the palapas, I like to be out in the sun frying....if it gets to hot or I feel I have been out too long I go to the water or pool and hang in the water for however long...
    So I really don't care one way or another about the palapas....however, I do care that people are so inconsiderate that they use a palapa for shade and also keep a few chairs in the sun for sunbathing....that is my biggest problem with that issue.
    What I do care about is the fact that I as an owner pay a maintenance fee each year for up keep of the resort and when I go to get a beach chair I can't because they are either all taken...)and not always by divi owners/guests, sometimes by the other resorts guests because they dont have a beach or cruise ship folks that get dropped off by taxis)...or because they are broken and you can't sit/lay on them....
    And since they are remodeling divi village my maintenance fee is about 300 more for each unit for the next 2 years.....which upsets me that I can't sit in a chair that is owned by the resort complex.....okay, so I am done with this...I will email this gentleman and see if I get a response.....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Aruba since 1979
    you are not alone!!!
    i along with many have issues with inconsiderate folks that take lounges and never use them and take a shade hut and not share it even when there is plenty of room.

boggles the mind.

today at the pool there were tons of people and all of the chairs and lounges were taken by 1 pm. paul and i moved our stuff to the deck and freed up 2 lounges.
    after all we were in the water and had no need.
    we are not virtuous by any sense of the imagination......it is just common sense and good manner that if you are using it, relinquish it or at least share.

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    Another problem with the palapas at Druiff- they are on the back side of the beach, by the road. When I used them, I felt like I was sitting in the street, instead of by the ocean. Its very noisy back there. I have never understood why they didn't add at least one more row in front of the ones they have. Why is the govt. taking palapas down???
    I completely agree. We have a little 2 year old and it's a pain in the neck to keep walking back and forth from the palapa (where we need to shade her) to the water each time she wants to take a dip. They are right by the road and the constant noise from the traffic and the golf carts going back and forth is not relaxing at all!!!

In the still hours of the morning - sun still on the other side of this planet and the moon barely glancing off the water, you can see them. They are warriors and are dressed in their camaflouge suits to make them blend into the beach sand. They wear sand colored overalls with bits of plastic and cigarette butts glued on in various places. A bent soda pop straw here or there add the last cute touches. In stead of hats, they have CHEETOS bags over their heads The holes made for breathing and vision are minute. There are different versions of this attire but the basics remain the same.

Like a wind blown pile of litter, they roll strategically into place. FOCUSED - totally focused on their objective = THE CHIKI.

Looking up at one of the rooms, a signal comes. the window shades are used to send signals and messages (much like they do on ships at sea). One of the beach sand warriors flips our his RAZOR looks up at the window - and in hush tones. says - "I copy".

Slowly they creep to the chiki's of choice. Snake-like and with stealth. they near the areas and then spring up and pull out towels, books and half finished Piņa Coladas. This is "Territory Claiming Gear" The towels get flipped on to the chairs and the books and half finished drinks on the tables.

Then - they slip away. Silently - ever so silently. No one must know that they are the warriors that would come into the night and fight for shade while it is still dark - and then - often times not use it untill the sun is about to set. It must be a top secret operation. And it is. Binocular eyes with bits of moon shining from the glass lense surfaces - pull away from the windows. Mothers look at the eldest children and say "Daddy Did It!" It is a ritual. Passed on from generation to generation and the ability for the children to see and learn is priceless. Sons go back to bed with proud button-busting-chests. Mothers go to the kitchen with their daughters to prepare coffee and grub for their warriors.

The combination buttons on the door handles make their clicking sounds and in comes what appears to be a walking ball of sand with junk glued to it. The son hops out of bed and goes to the warrior and unzips the back. The war and battle torn uniform is carefully packed away.

"Which one did you get Dad?"
    "I got #34 - tough battle this morning"
    The kid looks up, smiles and in his mind ring out the words "That is MY dad". The father looks down and just before he is able to say something sentimental about war - in comes the coffee and the ladies of the family.

They all sit over a coffee table and look at a map. Intently they look at Chiki #1. It is circled in red.
    Dad looks at his trained team and says "Tomorrow it is ours!"
    The family flutters. They look at each other and blush with excitement

It is still dark
    The family unit goes to sleep
    In a few hours they will awaken to the reality of the day time war. Enough battle for now. Afterall - they are on vacation and need to rest

Eyes close and snoring starts. In this family, the women snore. They are a unit. They are tough. They are the CHIKI WARRIORS.

charles
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

I always liked that particular piece. TOM - Amigo, you brought it out of the closet.
    be well
    charles
    be well
    charles

A man of action

That is an excellent suggestion. he is truly a man of action.
    be well
    charles

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    michele his name is Mr. Alex Niewmyer he is the "divi guru" and has got quite a good reputation.

drop him a note while you are in the venting mood.
    seriously, i think you should.
    be well
    charles

I HAVE THE SOLUTION..... MAKE THE POOL DECKS AND PALAPA USAGE ONLY FOR THE "TEXTILE-FREE" FOLKS. THAT WILL GET IT DONE.

be well all and

Good night

charles
    be well
    charles

Just read on another Aruba Forum...

"We stayed at the Divi A.I. 1/22 to 1/28.
    They delivered 18 new palapas while we were there.
    It looked like they were building and delivering even more."

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    That's good news. Are they putting them on Druif beach? I was looking at Divi Village's website the other day. They are now calling Druif beach Divi beach on their property map.

The post specifically stated the Divi Resort, not the stretch of beach in between the Tamarijn and Divi which Danadog originally referred to.

Interesting though, imo, in light of the recent discussions here on the forum regarding palapas that any new palapas were being built, and in such quantities. I am surely not against the building of new palapas, just surprised.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast