Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    My final comment is that I would encourage you not to give up on Divi, it is a really nice and calm resort compared to the high rises which I would go to only if hog-tied and bullwhipped....teeheehee......any of the low rise divi establishments are great and the palapa problem is minor compared to not even being able to sit on the beach because of the overcrowding.....ie, highrise beach area....
    Dana-come visit us at the Surf Club anytime. We have NEVER had an issue getting a palapa at the beach or lounges at the pool. We'll be happy to make room for you under our palapa and even buy you a drink. We'll be there from July 11-18 and we won't even hogtie you

I agree with you 100%. To each his own I guess, but I love it there.

This is my favorite beach on the island because it's never crowded and wiiiiide open. The less on that beach the better, I don't want a ton of people around me while I'm getting blitzed by the water.

"The less on that beach the better, I don't want a ton of people around me..."

Personally, I'll second that. As much as I hate to hear of people being inconvenienced, and as much as I will stand and defend the Divi/Tam stretch and the hotels, by all means, please, go and enjoy the high-rise area to the max.

If the lack of chairs keeps the population down, well, maybe that's not such a bad idea. The idea of being surrounded by humanity while on the beach tends to defeat the purpose of a relaxing vacation, and there's nothing worse than being forced to listen in on someone else's conversation (or perhaps share their overly-loud stereo) because they're sitting so close to you that you feel like you're either family or on a date with them.

Example: take a stroll down to the dock for the Mi Dushi... look around. See any space?

Help yourself to the high-rise hotels and the convenience.
    It may not be 5-star at the Tamarijn, but the Lady and I get treated like rock-star royalty, it's comfortable and there's room to breathe.

be well all

Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    Maybe they should assign so many chairs to each room like they do towels.....or something....sorry, just blowing off steam.....
    Back to the original post in this thread , I think we could all agree that denying guests chaise lounges is not proper.

Druif beach is very very nice, but should guests of the Divi, Divi Village, Divi Villas, Dutch Village and Tamarijn be denied use of the beach because there are not enough chaises?

Yes, that is one way in which to have an uncrowded beach , but surely not fair to paying guests.

Personally if I had to guess it is a matter of just not enough chaises and Divi needs to make a purchase of a big bunch of them and spread them out amongst the resorts.

I am sorry for anyone who is denied use of the beach at Divi. But I am also surprised. It has never happened that I could not use the beach there. Maybe no shade, but we have never run out of chaises and we have been going for a couple of decades. No palapas, but plenty of chairs. Unless I'm just the luckiest person in world......

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234