Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Druif Beach.... or the Tam/Divi Beach, if you like.

Druif Beach.... or the Tam/Divi Beach, if you like.

Bon Dia folks!!!
    Con ta bai?

Who's at the Tamarijn right now?
    I was in conversation with my mate Joe at the Divi Winds hut at the end of the Tam property, by the rock wall,
    and he tells me the beach has receded to the point where, 20 more feet and the water will be at the sidewalk by the road?

Sounds a bit crazy, but anything's possible...

Can anyone confirm this with maybe a photo?
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 21, 2017, unless that lottery ticket hits.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ratt View Post
    Bon Dia folks!!!
    Con ta bai?

Who's at the Tamarijn right now?
    I was in conversation with my mate Joe at the Divi Winds hut at the end of the Tam property, by the rock wall,
    and he tells me the beach has receded to the point where, 20 more feet and the water will be at the sidewalk by the road?

Sounds a bit crazy, but anything's possible...

Can anyone confirm this with maybe a photo?
    It was fine in May but I have seen absolutely no beach there at times in the past. Just a big hole and rocks, no sand. Last time was about 6 years ago though. I can tell you the beach in front of Casa Del Mar is almost gone and the beach in front of Costa Linda is the widest I have ever seen it. At least that was how it was in May.

Going to look like this again?

Divi & Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusives - Latinoamérica https://www.facebook.com/DiviArubaEs...222513/?type=1
    Otra foto #TBT para el recuerdo: #DiviTamarijn en 1996. Hemos cambiado, pero la esencia es la misma.

Foto: CHaydeé.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Druif Beach.... or the Tam/Divi Beach, if you like.-10849824_974714319222513_3192287381823523301_n.jpg  

I asked the Lady if she remembers the Tamarijn looking like this, and she does.
    She recalled when the grill for the Cunucu Terrace was right on the edge of the water and the cooks used to toss scraps to the fish.
    I've got a weird feeling that's coming again, considering what everyone's telling me.
    By the sounds of it, the island is shrinking side-to-side, the beach side disappearing slowly but surely.
    Check out the Casa Del Mar cam.... about a month ago there was a LOT more sand beach.

I wonder if the island is getting longer, or just washing away...?
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 21, 2017, unless that lottery ticket hits.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

The sand as described here by Joe in the past, has moved DOWN the beach to Manchebo.

Druif Beach.... or the Tam/Divi Beach, if you like.-approach.jpg June 6, 2015

At the Tamarijn I would bet some of their sand is also sitting on the shoal between the 2100 and the ship channel.

If you can pick out the Costa Linda in the photo above you can compare the depth of the beach now

Druif Beach.... or the Tam/Divi Beach, if you like.-capture2.jpg

to what it has been in the past

Druif Beach.... or the Tam/Divi Beach, if you like.-banner-site-plan-clbr.jpg
    Druif Beach.... or the Tam/Divi Beach, if you like.-background.jpg

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    If you can pick out the Costa Linda in the photo above you can compare the depth of the beach now

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.JPG 
Views:	1102 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	4239

to what it has been in the past

Name:	banner-site-plan-clbr.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	4240

Name:	background.jpg 
Views:	498 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	4241
    Yep. In May it was a looooong walk to the water at CL. The year before we took our GS(18) and he swam from the beach to the buoy ropes and it was at least 75 yards or more. In May it was about 20 feet to the ropes and at Manchebo they were almost on the beach. The sands are shifting.

Can anyone tell me if Druif (Divi) beach is still an issue? I have booked a vacation for two weeks in November at the Divi All Inclusive but am getting a bit concerned the more I look through reviews in regards to being able to use the beach directly next to the property. Should I be worried? This trip is pretty much a beach bum get away. I've never been to Aruba and am really looking forward to it. Also new to the forum so if this has recently been covered my apologies. Thanks! Richard.

Hi Rtemples, welcome to the forum. The posts in this thread are a year old. I wouldn't be concerned over the beach condition at the Divi. While the beach is constantly changing we've never really had an issue even when the beach was narrow. The changes at the Tamarijn tend to be more dramatic. We stayed at the Divi AI last Nov/Dec and the beach was plenty wide.

Aruba since 1979
    welome to the aruba.com community forum

the beach are at the Divi/Tam can and does change at the whims of mother nature.
    You probably should not worry though.
    Will you be at the Divi all Inclusive or Tamarijn or Dutch or Village?

Do not worry about covering a topic repeatedly.
    It is ok!!!
    I expect you will get many answers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtemples View Post
    Can anyone tell me if Druif (Divi) beach is still an issue? I have booked a vacation for two weeks in November at the Divi All Inclusive but am getting a bit concerned the more I look through reviews in regards to being able to use the beach directly next to the property. Should I be worried? This trip is pretty much a beach bum get away. I've never been to Aruba and am really looking forward to it. Also new to the forum so if this has recently been covered my apologies. Thanks! Richard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast