Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: "Duty Fees"

Also even more strangely everytime I post a reply I keep looking at my first ticker I wonder why....

Quote Originally Posted by qlaval View Post
    Strangely to import alcohol you need to be older then 15 y/o...
    Also if you import more then the limit the whole quantity is dutiable.

To export there is NO limit but I'll bet your country does have one...
    Pierre, out of curiousity, where do you get the info on Aruba import laws? Do you have a link we can use as a resource?

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Pierre, out of curiousity, where do you get the info on Aruba import laws? Do you have a link we can use as a resource?
    Lisa.....from the site below:

http://www.iatatravelcentre.com/AW-A...ns-details.htm

Customs Rules

Import regulations::

Free import by non-residents older than 15 years (residents may import half the duty free quantities). If more is imported the whole quantity is dutiable:
    1. 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars;
    2. 1 litre of distilled beverages or 2.25 litres of wine or 3 litres beer;
    3. gift articles up to a value of AWG 100.-.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Thanks Rob.

For once that I was aware of something that Lisa didn't know of...
    Geee Rob why did you have to tell her...

Quote Originally Posted by qlaval View Post
    For once that I was aware of something that Lisa didn't know of...
    Geee Rob why did you have to tell her...
    Sorry Pierre....I was worried that Lisa would be up all night researching the answer.

I'm still wondering how much I'll have to pay, per liter, if I exceed the limit?

I see you'll be there in just a few days....lucky you! I hope you'll post from the island.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

MAC had 4.5l and paid $29.
    Would it be logical to assume +/-$6.44 per liter?

Banned

Booze

You can easily save $25 on a 1.75 L bottle, multiply that a handful of times now you're talking a hundred and change, not really "just a few bucks". I've bubble wrapped 3 1.75's(plastic) the last few years in check on luggage as well as 2 1 liter wines(glass bubble wrapped) with no problems. People say the alcohol in Aruba is not much more expensive than US, that's BS. I buy it at the NH Package store and it's alot cheaper. In past years I've always brought five cartons of cigarettes home with no problems, but it sounds like Aruba is trying to now generate cash through fees just like the old USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Snidely View Post
    I know it's human nature, but it always amazes me that we will pay thousands of dollars to travel and stay in Aruba, and then complain about that $5.00 sandwich on the airplane, or jump through hoops to save a few bucks on a bottle of booze etc.

I do the same thing! Guess it's just part of the game to convince ourselves that we're doing something to reduce the cost of our vacation.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Helmut View Post
    You can easily save $25 on a 1.75 L bottle, multiply that a handful of times now you're talking a hundred and change, not really "just a few bucks". I've bubble wrapped 3 1.75's(plastic) the last few years in check on luggage as well as 2 1 liter wines(glass bubble wrapped) with no problems. People say the alcohol in Aruba is not much more expensive than US, that's BS. I buy it at the NH Package store and it's alot cheaper. In past years I've always brought five cartons of cigarettes home with no problems, but it sounds like Aruba is trying to now generate cash through fees just like the old USA.
    Guess it depends on where you live. Wisconsin has extremely high tax on alchohol and tobaco (glad I no longer smoke). There's a long running saying in Wisconsin if everyone stopped drinking and smoking, the state would have to double the income taxes to cover spending!

Seems I just found another benefit to doing AI on the island. No need to smuggle in booze to cover my habit
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Banned

Cheap Boooze

The A/I is great for booze, I did it at the Occidental about 3 years ago, they even had a few top shelf brands. Bartenders always poured a good cocktail. I definately consumed a couple of bottles of Jose Gold that week. I wasn't too impressed with the food though and the fact I'd swim up to the pool bar at 11 AM and start hitting the sauce!

Quote Originally Posted by Snidely View Post
    Guess it depends on where you live. Wisconsin has extremely high tax on alchohol and tobaco (glad I no longer smoke). There's a long running saying in Wisconsin if everyone stopped drinking and smoking, the state would have to double the income taxes to cover spending!

Seems I just found another benefit to doing AI on the island. No need to smuggle in booze to cover my habit

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast