Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: "Duty Fees"

Eagle Beach and love venturing out throughout the whole island

Duty Free

If Aruba opened up their Duty free Kiosh at the airport again they would make SOOO much money from tourist and the tourist would more than happy to buy their instead of dragging booze with us...I know I would
    arubadebbi

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by arubadebbi View Post
    If Aruba opened up their Duty free Kiosh at the airport again they would make SOOO much money from tourist and the tourist would more than happy to buy their instead of dragging booze with us...I know I would
    arubadebbi
    Won't be happening...buy b4 you go at the duty free shops

Exclamation

gift articles up to a value of AWG 100.-.
    Just to update this info, according to http://aduana.intraps.nl/Particulier...L/Default.aspx

gifts now up to AWG 400.-.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Does this mean if you are older than 15 you can bring in alcohol legally?
    What a turn of events..... when I was 15, I was trying to get 40 somethings to buy me booze outside the bar/liquor store. Flash forward and now I see myself a 40 something trying to get a 15 year old to carry an extra liter in to Aruba for me... ;o)

I kid... No issues here as there are 6 of us adults coming in. We will buy our 6 and hit Lings or the rum factory for the others.

Bottoms up!
    Next Aruba trip in

Quote Originally Posted by arubadebbi View Post
    arubadebbi
    It was open last month and I rarely see anyone purchase anything in there when I'm passing through.

Aruba since 1979
    I am surprised that you you rarely see folks in there when you are passing thru.
    I have seen lots and have waited as long as 10 min in line waiting to check out.

Aside from today's posts, tthe last activity on this thread was in 2009, well before the duty free shop opened at the airport luggage room area.

I have a question related to the duty free store in the airport. I was researching the forums and this was the most recent/relateable post to my question... Does the duty free store sell cartons of cigarettes and cigars? Specifically Marlboro Ultra Lights? I've seen on other posts that cartons run $25-30. Is this still accurate? When we drink, we like to smoke, so I was planning on bring about 4 packs along from the states, but that will cost the same as a whole carton if the price is 25-30. We are going to an AI, so we won't have to worry about smuggling booze in. lol

Do you pass by the duty free shop after you pick up your checked baggage? Is this what everyone is talking about, or are they talking about buying it cheap to bring back home? Or should I just plan to pack my own from home?

Aruba since 1979
    i do not know the prices of cartons of smokes in the duty free, but yes, considerably cheaper than here in the USA.
    the duty free that you ask about is located in the luggage room....the far right hand corner.
    i have no idea if they carry marlboro ultra lights.
    you may want to check the duty free at your departure airport just for extra measure and use the aruba airport duty free as the back up.

Quote Originally Posted by brph26 View Post
    I have a question related to the duty free store in the airport. I was researching the forums and this was the most recent/relateable post to my question... Does the duty free store sell cartons of cigarettes and cigars? Specifically Marlboro Ultra Lights? I've seen on other posts that cartons run $25-30. Is this still accurate? When we drink, we like to smoke, so I was planning on bring about 4 packs along from the states, but that will cost the same as a whole carton if the price is 25-30. We are going to an AI, so we won't have to worry about smuggling booze in. lol

Do you pass by the duty free shop after you pick up your checked baggage? Is this what everyone is talking about, or are they talking about buying it cheap to bring back home? Or should I just plan to pack my own from home?

Thanks Andrea! I feel like these are dumb questions, but I am really not familiar with duty free and flying and airlines...i could go on! haha

Aruba since 1979
    please never hold back a question, even if you think it is dumb.
    really here are no dumb questions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brph26 View Post
    Thanks Andrea! I feel like these are dumb questions, but I am really not familiar with duty free and flying and airlines...i could go on! haha

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast