Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Smile Duty Free -Charlotte

As our trip is getting closer and plans are starting to become more clear, I thought of a couple questions that you all might be able to answer. We are staying at the Aruba Beach club June 21-28th. I live in Knoxville, TN but we are driving to Charlotte and flying US from there. Our flight leaves at 11.

What is the policy with the duty free store? There will be 2 of us, but only one will be above 21. So how many bottles can I buy there? I know she will not be able to drink in the states, but once we get to Aruba she can drink.

How many bottles of liquor can you pack in your suitcase? I saw somewhere that this was legal, but I was not sure how many you could pack.

Can you bring liquor bottles in your suitcase and purchase liquor at the duty free store?

I still have not decided if I want to rent a car for the week or not. Is it easier to do this at the airport or at the resort? Also does anyone have any recommendations on good, but cheap rental places?

My fiance was wanting to know where is the best shopping? Certain malls?

What are some good, but relatively cheap places to eat? We are a young couple on a budget. I know we will probably eat at Matthew's a couple times, and we probably "go all out" one night, but any other places you recommend?

Finally, any recommendations on places to visit for a young couple in there 20s? I have seen the Tattoo party cruise, and the party bus. We will probably also stop by senor frogs, but besides that?

Again thanks for all your help. This forum has helped me out tremendously with planning our first trip to Aruba.

TennCouple
    Trip to Nashville to see Kenny Chesney

Steven and Danielle

The duty free store at CLT will be able to tell you how many bottles you can buy. Yes you can also bring liquor in your luggage.

I do not think you can rent a car in Aruba. Min. age is 23 or 25 years old. Bus is very cheap, & taxi's is not that bad.

Food: "All out night" - Madamn Janettes, Driftwood,
    Reasonable places ($17 - $25) Wacky Wahoo, Old Fisherman, Salt & Pepper. Smokey Joes for great ribs.

The Tomato Charlies at the Tanki Flip will deliver & their prices are cheaper than the one by where you are staying. They will deliver.
    Moomba's at highrise has burgers for a cheaper meal also & entertainment most nights.

The party bus would be fun. Also might want to consider a jeep your.

Enjoy your trip!!
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

we used http://www.abc-aruba.com and did a half day island tour.
    with this tour it gave us some of the island stuff that ae MUST sees- like the natural pool- the ostrich farm, etc

A lot of needless worrying over alcohol ... no need to tempt the baggage handlers with bottle breakage --the little store at the Aruba Beach Club has plenty for sale, and slightly better prices can be found at the nearby Ling and Sons supermarket. As for car rentals, I would check if the Aruban companies have the same age restrictions as in the U.S.(some may just charge you more) ... and use comparison shoppong websites such as sidestep.com to find the best prices.

When we purchased at duty free in Boston we paid between $16 and $18 per 1.0 liter for Absolute vodka, Malibu rum and Barcardi rum. At Ling, price was around $29 for 0.75 liter. I purchased 5 liters and they delivered to gate for carry on. Saved a bunch. The alcohol all disappeared by end of trip....must have evaporated in the nice, warm Aruba weather!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Here are some party spots...
    - Senor Frogs
    - Mambo Jambo
    - Moomba Beach
    - Cafe Bahia
    - Mr. Jazz
    - the Paddock
    - there's a new place that is going to open soon in Aruba called Tequila. It's not open yet but I believe it will be when you are in Aruba. It's next to Senor Frogs.
    - there's a full moon party once a month at havana beach club. Check it out if you are in Aruba during full moon.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Steve and danielle,
    A really fun take is the Palm Pleasure boat, or catamaran should I say. They have a 2 hr sunset cruise and a 3 hr snorkle( 2 stops w/ equip). Have been on both 5 times now, and still not sick of it. Check out the gallery pictures on this site to see the boat. Its 100 ft, spacious boat, and has an open bar for the entire trip. A guaranteed good time !!!

Thanks everyone for the answers and suggestions. Time is winding down till we leave and we can't wait!
    Trip to Nashville to see Kenny Chesney

Steven and Danielle

lobe has it right. Don't worry about your own booze. There's plenty on the island and the prices are not that bad.

Enjoy your time on the island!
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Aruba since 1979
    get the liquor at the duty free
    each passenger 21 or older is allowed 2 bottles 750 ml each without duty
    the prices of liquor on aruba are HIGH
    750 ml of baileys @ lings was $30
    750 of kahlua was the same at lings
    our friend that travels with us is a scotch drinker and he found scotch priced ridiculouosly high on island.

the little convenience stores at the resorts are very high

so, if you can purchase at duty free go for it! you can bring it as carry on and the duty free shop delivers it to the gate of your international departure. they wrap it nicely in bubble wrap. just show them your boarding pass as you buy it.

we have bought booze at charlotte, at jfk, at miami, boston, atlanta and dulles. never any issues at all.
    unfortunately we are waaaaaay over age 21.
    andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by lobe View Post
    A lot of needless worrying over alcohol ... no need to tempt the baggage handlers with bottle breakage --the little store at the Aruba Beach Club has plenty for sale, and slightly better prices can be found at the nearby Ling and Sons supermarket. As for car rentals, I would check if the Aruban companies have the same age restrictions as in the U.S.(some may just charge you more) ... and use comparison shoppong websites such as sidestep.com to find the best prices.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast