Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Duty free liquor - Atlanta

Hi....does anyone have experience buying duty free liquor in Atlanta and bringing it into Aruba ? Is is possible ? If so, how many bottles are allowed per person ? Must this be considered one of your allowed carry on pieces ? Where is the duty free liquor store at the Atlanta airport ? There are some types of liquor, like Cointreau that is often unavailabe and/or too expensive in Aruba. I had read somewhere online that the Duty Free Liquor store at the airport might no longer be in Atlanta, after the new TSA regulations. Please advise....

mac

Cool atlanta duty free

my 3 dauaghters were in aruba over thanksgiving. i advised them to buy duty free in atlanta, which they did. however, the booze never got delivered to the flight and they have been ignored about trying to get their money back. we always go thru miami and have used the service for years with no problems. maybe just atlanta?

Renaissance Island early in the morning floating on a raft.
    I just checked the Atlanta Airport web site. Concourse E which is the international concourse has the Atlanta Duty Free store. They advertise that they have jewelry, leather goods, watches, fragrances, and cosmetics. I don't know about other products that may be sold there - but I can't imagine they would not have liquor there. The problem is the Delta flight to Aruba goes out of Concourse B, not out of the International Concourse. If you have a connection through Atlanta, you would have to have at least 1 1/2 layover to be able to get to Concourse E, shop and get back to your gate. Regarding the other comment about "booze never got delivered to the flight" - I thought that anything you bought in the airport after going through security screening could be carried on the flight.

renaissance private island, iguana joe's, madame janettes..
    traveled to aruba in october from phila thru atlanta..flight if i remember correctly left out of concourse d and the duty free was in concourse a..theres about a minute of so ride between concourses..it took about 30 minutes total including looking around the store..they brought the liquor right to the door of the plane before takeoff..i usually do this in philly but flight was 6 am and duty free wasn't open yet..i do remember seeing cigarettes, watches, perfumes and some chocolates there..on your receipt theres the store name and a phone number..call it to get your refund..i'm sure they keep track of which deliveries were made..when they made mine they checked off on a clipboard that they made the delivery..