Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Eagle Beach Boy Passes

Very sad! Always enjoyed his posts but did notice that in the past while not as many as in the past. Condolences to his family.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Eagle Beach to relax / Malmok, Boca Catalina & Arashi for snorkeling / Carte Blanche, Zeerovers, Sopranos Piano Bar, Kuku Kanuku & The Pata Pata Bar / The weekend flee market.
    Our sincere condolences to his family.
    9th trip to Aruba in

Condolences to thefamily. I never got to meet him but I feel that I knew him thru the BB.

The Eagle

When I first started writing on the forums, Gary wrote to me and told me how much he enjoyed my stories and to never stop posting them for all the people who spend time away from their second home - Aruba. I met him that year sitting in front of La Cabana in his Chair and we talked for hours. Lovely conversation. This one is for you Eagle Beach Boy. This one is all yours.

The Ocean laps at the edges of this place, almost as if it wants to get away from its' own wetness. Not true of course, yet I watch the small waves as they chase feeding shore birds or ruin sandcastles made by the innocent. A lady walks by me and drops her towel on the sand, never looking back, she goes to the ocean and the water engulfs her in stages. I watch a boy puffed up as he walks by the girls, ah youth and its folly. My wife comes to me from somewhere to tell me she is going somewhere. She is a comfort and her voice - yes her voice - it lingers in the air by my ears. I should say more than I do, but I don't. I am greeted by friends: "Hey there Eagle Beach Boy" we knew we would find you here at Eagle beach. We laugh, they at finding me and I at them not knowing. Not knowing that I am just a "Beach Boy" - nothing else. the "Eagle" part? Eagles fly don't they? They sit on perches - somewhat like I do in my chair - and then at a perfect moment the Eagle spreads its' wings and flies. When the time is right, I too shall spread my wings and I too will fly, but not yet - I want to see that sand castle finished just once. When it is, I shall fly and that innocent boy will watch me, of this I am sure.

be well, be ever so well
    charles
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

Aruba since 1979
    magnificent charles.
    wonderful words in gary's (eagle beach boy) honor.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    What a beautiful story and a beautiful honor and gesture Charles for Eagle Boy. You truly are a gentleman and your words are always so touching.

Such a thoughtful tribute, beautiful.

Catashi, thats were our rented bungalow is. Our fav beach is Rogersbeach. Our favorite hangout, the Cigar Lounge of Ruben de Lange.
    He was the first one who wrote someting on our first topic we ever posted. We wish his family lots of strength is this difficult time...

What a beautiful tribute!

My condolences to the family,,he will be missed by many, us here on the forum for his wisdom of aruba for one ..
    Charles, those were beautiful words, I'm sure he would have loved it

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast