Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Eagle Beach-possiable development

Eagle Beach-possiable development

I was not happy to get this email today from the property manager at Oceania. We are hoping this project does not go through because Eagle Beach is a low rise area and 8 stories with 800 units is not a good fit for this area.

Dear owners,
    On behalf of the Board they want to inform.
    It appears the project on the Sands property next door may proceed to construct an 800 unit hotel, possibly 8 stories high.
    In order to protect our views, property values, and quality of life on Eagle Beach, the board has engaged the services of an experienced attorney to pursue legal remedies to maintain the low rise and low density regulations.
    We will keep you informed as to actions the board may pursue.
    Kind regards

UGH! There goes the quietness/beauty of Eagle Beach.....
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

I wonder what is meant by "may proceed". Isn't there a law (or rule) about the height of eagle beach properties?

ETA: I know the new structure by LaCabana is going to be 7 story, but only the height of LaCabana which is 4 stories.
    Last edited by Jacki; 11-08-2017 at 03:06 PM.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

May proceed sounds like full steam ahead....yuck!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    I wonder what is meant by "may proceed". Isn't there a law (or rule) about the height of eagle beach properties?

ETA: I know the new structure by LaCabana is going to be 7 story, but only the height of LaCabana which is 4 stories.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 11-09-2017 at 07:18 PM.

It is my understanding that from the beach/street to a certain point back, they cannot build over three stories, but after a certain point, they can. They want the whole building to be 8 stories starting at the road which will surely obstruct views and over populate the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post

800 Xtra rooms at say an average of 3 people per room will but over 2k extra people in that area whenever its sold out....that's a ton of extra people on the beach and would make it packed IMO. The people that own at Oceania and LaCabana etc....must be besides themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    It is my understanding that from the beach/street to a certain point back, they cannot build over three stories, but after a certain point, they can. They want the whole building to be 8 stories starting at the road which will surely obstruct views and over populate the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    800 Xtra rooms at say an average of 3 people per room will but over 2k extra people in that area whenever its sold out....that's a ton of extra people on the beach and would make it packed IMO. The people that own at Oceania and LaCabana etc....must be besides themselves.
    There are almost that many rooms if you combine LaCabana and Tropicana who share the same beach area. LaCabana is almost 400 rooms and Tropicana is around 360 rooms. They have the busiest beach area on Eagle Beach.
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

I own at Oceania and am very upset. I am not against development of the lot, but rather the size and number of rooms. It should follow the set back rules and have less rooms.

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    100 rooms per floor, I've never seen or heard of that. sounds fishy!
    Spring and Fall 2018 are hopefully in the works

I have been reading about his potential development on and off for the past 6 months or so....yep, its going to be huge if it actually happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaveTheKidsWithMom View Post
    100 rooms per floor, I've never seen or heard of that. sounds fishy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast