Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Eagle/Druif Beach waves.

WOW! Those are some intense waves!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    I've been watching someone for the last 20 mins. or so in the water, crazy, crazy, crazy.....getting knocked around so bad, had to stop watching. Casa Del Mar webcam, hope the person makes it out safely.

We're staying away from the beach. Since I like to get into the water-either ocean or pool, I'm sticking with the pool for now. I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid.

The winds have been brutal too the past few days which can blow the sand and make it feel like sand paper.

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    I've been watching someone for the last 20 mins. or so in the water, crazy, crazy, crazy.....getting knocked around so bad, had to stop watching. Casa Del Mar webcam, hope the person makes it out safely.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    We're staying away from the beach. Since I like to get into the water-either ocean or pool, I'm sticking with the pool for now. I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid.

The winds have been brutal too the past few days which can blow the sand and make it feel like sand paper.
    Any word on how long it’s supposed to be like this?

The winds come and go. It's much calmer this evening compared with this morning. Even with the waves the other day, they'd would hit very hard for a few minutes then just be a bit on the stronger side. I think it is supposed to be like this for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by hmitchell_travelplanner View Post
    Any word on how long it’s supposed to be like this?
    Last accurate prediction I saw was for it to die down at the start of the week and back to normal around Weds. Tonight we had major wind. Keeping stuff on our outside table was a challenge. Even the dog was looking for a harness or lead shoes

So glad to hear! Thanks for the update

Earlier today, there were so many white caps out on the ocean, but it didn't seem like the waves were pounding as hard. The wind is still crazy strong and a lot of people are hanging by the pool that usually go to the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Earlier today, there were so many white caps out on the ocean, but it didn't seem like the waves were pounding as hard. The wind is still crazy strong and a lot of people are hanging by the pool that usually go to the beach.
    I swam off Eagle Beach today down near to Costa Linda. The waves appeared smaller but the force of them was strong. There was a current that pulled swimmers to the north. Getting out of the water was a bit of a challenge

You have to be really careful because you can lose track of where you are. I do not know if rip currents are an issue here because I've never seen them here,( but then again, I've never seen the waves like this either) but with the constant changing of waves this week, they are something to watch for too.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    I swam off Eagle Beach today down near to Costa Linda. The waves appeared smaller but the force of them was strong. There was a current that pulled swimmers to the north. Getting out of the water was a bit of a challenge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123