Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Easter in Aruba?

Aruba since 1979
    wow, i am surprised they are having a 4 pm on holy saturday. will it be an easter vigil?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchyd View Post
    I have not heard back from Cas Del Mar. But I did email Playa Linda and they responded that they will be having their 4 pm mass on Saturday the 30th.

They did not mention if it is Easter vigil or not. They just confirmed that they will be having 4pm Mass.

Good Friday alternative for fresh milk?

Good morning. It's my 24th year in a row visiting my favorite place, but I am traveling on Easter weekend (Good Friday); I know the schedules of the major grocery stores that day (closed) but am wondering if anyone knows if the mini mart/gas stations are open on Good Friday. I just want a place to buy fresh milk for my VERY early morning coffee in my room.

Thanks very much.

Curious if anyone has gotten the schedule for St Anne's or the other hotel (besides Playa Linda) that are hosting mass Easter Sunday.

We always enjoy going to St Annes but as someone else stated, get there early as it gets quite crowded, standing room only.

Leaving for Aruba in <24 hours.
    Vicky

Next Trips
    1/1/12-1/8/12
    4/8/12 - 4/15/12

I love Aruba!

Aruba since 1979
    i am sorry that i did not say welcome to the forum a week ago when you joined
    mea culpa

yes most of the mini mart places should be open.

have you ever tried parmalat milk?

it is sold in the non refrigerated milk aisle in the grocery stores here in usa and in aruba. i brought some with us a few years ago and it is good. the 2% tastes like cream, the 1% is like whole and the fat free/skim tastes like 1%. the milk is ultrapasteurized, has no funny taste or "different taste".

pick one up, cushion it well and put in your luggage...give it a try!

Quote Originally Posted by mmcgill2me View Post
    Good morning. It's my 24th year in a row visiting my favorite place, but I am traveling on Easter weekend (Good Friday); I know the schedules of the major grocery stores that day (closed) but am wondering if anyone knows if the mini mart/gas stations are open on Good Friday. I just want a place to buy fresh milk for my VERY early morning coffee in my room.

Thanks very much.

Andrea is correct about parmalt milk. I have tried it recently and it tasts the same. I read up on it and it is the same exact milk, it is justed heated to a higher temp for a second or two which then kills everything and no fridge is needed. We are taking a box with us. I always go fat free. Of course you need a fridge after you open it, and wait till its cold before you try it, (tasts great cold).

Thank you Andrea and mjl6061. I have tried parmelat once (the last time I was there on Easter). Appreciate your response. I may try that this year as well. 4 more days and counting.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123