Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: "energy independence and 0 carbon footprint article"

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    HOWEVER I am not a resident, I am a tourist. I have no say, except to express an opinion on a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by charles View Post
    SELDOM - so very SELDOM - am I irritated by tourists. I dislike "Closet-Protesters" This is one of those moments. I have repeated over and over, YOU COUNT. YOU ARE THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT VOICE ON THE ISLAND. Write your letters. Make your calls. Say what is on your mind. Aruba has spent many millions to keep you happy. The island will not throw that away. ATA has chosen their path. It is election time. Would I want to be the political figuree that screwed up tourism?

Charles
    Thanks Charles, I was once berated by another member of this forum, a resident, for speaking my opinion on a "local matter". He more or less said, "be quiet, you have NO say because you do not live here."

So again I will say, I think the idea of wind turbines at Alto Vista stinks.

Domingo Antonio, Miguel Enrique Albarez, Domingo Bernardino Silvestre, Gabriel Ruiz, Maria Johanna de Ruiz, Magdalena Luydens and Francisca Henriques Lacle all must be rolling over in their graves. I may not be a resident but I do know some of the history of the island which hopefully shows that I DO CARE about what happens to Aruba.

When will the wind turbines be going up at Lourdes Grotto?

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.~ George Santayana

HOW TO GET TO ALTO VISTA FROM YOUR HOTEL? easy ...

GO TO THE TALL GREEN WIND MILL AND TURN RIGHT FOR ONE HUNDRED FEET TO THE BLUE ONE AND THEN STRAIGHT TO THE BIG WHITE ONE. THEN TURN LEFT AGAIN AND GO TO THE NOISY AREA WHERE THERE ARE A BUNCH OF PURPLE ONES.

HOUSES? THERE ARE NONE. EVERYONE LEFT TO MAKE ROOM FOR THE MILLS. YOU SEE, WITH ALL THE LOCALS GONE, THE HOTEL STRIP IS FINALLY SUSTAINABLE.
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

Aruba since 1979

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12