Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Entry guidelines for cash

hi all

im looking for some advise on how much dollars or british pounds you are allowed to take into Aruba??

I was thinking of paying my wedding fees by cash, but wasnt sure if there was a limit to how much you could arrive with?

Im happy to use credit card / travellers cheques but would probably get a better rate and avoid charges paying by cash.

thanks!

eagle beach, baby beach, rogers beach, downtown, harley store......
    I read somewhere that anything over 10K has to be declared at customs. Check it out as the amount may have gone up.

Are you sure that you are not talking about exiting the U.S.? Exiting the U.S. you must declare anything over that amount.

eagle beach, baby beach, rogers beach, downtown, harley store......
    I copied this from the IATA-Aruba Customs,Currency & Airport Tax Regulations:
    Currency rules

Currency Import regulations:

Local currency (Aruban Florin-AWG) and foreign currencies: no restrictions.

Currency Export regulations:

Local currency (Aruban Florin-AWG) and foreign currencies: no restrictions.

Here is the Link: http://www.iatatravelcentre.com/AW-A...ns-details.htm.

Aruba since 1979
    somewhere along the line isn't there a question on one of the forms either going into ruba or going back into the usa? "are you bringing $10,000 or more?" oh ya sure, it is in my luis vuitton carry on, in my gucci wallet ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by rettie2011 View Post
    hi all
    Im happy to use credit card / travellers cheques but would probably get a better rate and avoid charges paying by cash.
    thanks!
    I do not think either Hotels, Restaurants, or Wedding Planners can or will cut a better deal for cash.
    Check before you leave with the business you are thinking of doing with.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

You if you may want to ask the people providing services if you can pay them online via a wire transfer. We own on the island and pay the majority of our bills this way. It will also offer you the added security of not having to carry cash that could be lost or stolen. You will also have a printed record confirming your payments for your protection. I would certainly ask about this as most companies and individuals accept this on the island. If you select to do this, make sure that you state the reason for the transfer as The Central Bank of Aruba requires this info. Failure to do this will delay your funds. Over the past 5 years I have never had a problem doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    somewhere along the line isn't there a question on one of the forms either going into ruba or going back into the usa? "are you bringing $10,000 or more?" oh ya sure, it is in my luis vuitton carry on, in my gucci wallet ;-)
    Yes. Definitely going back into the U.S. http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/va...ation_form.xml

You are supposed to declare it going out of the U.S. as well.

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/..._reporting.pdf
    "It is legal to transport any amount of currency or other monetary instruments into or out of the United States. However, if you transport, attempt to transport, or cause to be transported (including by mail or other means) currency or other monetary instruments in an aggregate amount exceeding $10,000 or its foreign equivalent) at one time from the United States to any foreign country, or into the United States from any foreign country, you must file a report with U.S. Customs and Border Protection. This report is called the Report of International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments, FinCEN Form 105."

Aruba since 1979
    danki!