Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Entry Requirements

Greetings,

I am leaving on a trip to Aruba towards the end of August and am trying to pin down all the things I need to have with me before I leave.

I am pretty confident about the passport (got that) and visa (do not need one ahead of time) requirements, but I am not able to find clear information on whether there are any requirements for documentation of specific vaccinations for entry into Aruba.

If anyone can let me know if there are such requirements, or point me to a website that clearly states what those requirements (if any) might be, I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards,

Patrick

Carach,
    All you need is a passport, and of course if you are planning on renting a vehicle you need a drivers license.
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Greetings,

Thanks for the information. I dreaded getting to the airport in Aruba and being denied entry because I was missing some piece of paper .

Regards,

Patrick

Patrick,
    No Worries......they also take all forms of credit cards if you were wondering about that also...I even use my debit card and have not ever had a problem.
    You also do not have to worry about US dollars, they will convert for you everywhere you go...so for example if you are shopping at the grocery store you will see the price in florins but when you go through the check they will convert the bill to US and you pay that amount. I never use florins, unless I end up with some as coins...then I usually keep them and after a couple of years I take it all back with me and get cash...makes me feel like I've saved a bit of money for my vacation....even though it only ends up being about 20-30 bucks....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Greetings,

That is good to know, about the credit cards and the pricing at the grocery store.

We are planning on buying most of our food at the grocery store, at least for most breakfasts and lunches since my room has a kitchenette in it.

My friend and I are already counting the days until August 23rd when we arrive in Aruba. Not a bad choice for my first trip with a passport

Regards,

Patrick

Patrick, where are you traveling "in" from?

Greetings,

I am traveling in from the United States. Vermont specifically

Regards,

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by carach View Post
    are any requirements for documentation of specific vaccinations for entry into Aruba.
    No vaccinations are not required for US citizens.

http://wwwn.cdc.gov/travel/destinationAruba.aspx Good info for travel to Aruba. Doesn't matter where you travel, locally or internationally, speaking from experience I always recommend Hepatitis A or immune globulin (IG). Hep A can very easily be trasferred via food or water no matter whether at your local Fastfood joint or anywhere else in the world. Don't know if you have enough time though before your trip. Otherwise, you should be just fine.

Greetings,

Thanks for the additional reply. I should have thought a little further ahead but I was fairly certain I would be ok as far as there being requirements for vaccinations, but the closer I get to my travel date the more I worried.

Now I can cross that worry off my list.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    Patrick,
    No Worries......they also take all forms of credit cards if you were wondering about that also...I even use my debit card and have not ever had a problem.
    You also do not have to worry about US dollars, they will convert for you everywhere you go...so for example if you are shopping at the grocery store you will see the price in florins but when you go through the check they will convert the bill to US and you pay that amount. I never use florins, unless I end up with some as coins...then I usually keep them and after a couple of years I take it all back with me and get cash...makes me feel like I've saved a bit of money for my vacation....even though it only ends up being about 20-30 bucks....
    i was wondering about this. Should we bring any US cash or will will be fine with US credit & debit cards? I know our resort only takes credit cards.
    Since they run it in US dollars does anyone know if there are any fees charged by the banks? OR no because it is ran in US dollars?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast