Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    entry requirements

    Hello all,

    This is our first visit to Aruba and we are super excited. I was curious if anyone knows if i need a passport for my 2 year old or if a birth certificate will suffice? We are from the States, traveling from NY. Thanks for any input. We aprreciate it.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Any Aruba beach...

    "All children regardless of age, including newborns and infants, must have their own passport"

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

    Thumbs up

    >>> "All children regardless of age, including newborns and infants, must have their own passport"
    ----- Ditto. Call your Post Office for some details. You will have to take child to PO with a State issued Birth Cert. A hospital one will not work. It may take several weeks. When are you going?

    Go to that Web Site in above Post for complete details.
    Some Info from that site:
    Complete Form DS-11: Application for a U.S. Passport. To submit Form DS-11, the minor:
    Must apply in person with both parents/guardian(s)

    • Must provide the additional documentation required by Form DS-11 (See Steps 2-7)
    • Must not sign the application until instructed to do so by the Acceptance Agent
    • Must provide your SSN in accordance with 26 U.S.C. 6039E
    STEP 2: Submit Evidence of U.S. Citizenship
    The minor's evidence of U.S. citizenship must be submitted with Form DS-11. All documentation submitted as citizenship evidence will be returned to you. These documents will be delivered with your newly issued U.S. passport or in a separate mailing.
    Primary Evidence of U.S. Citizenship (One of the following):
    Previously issued, undamaged U.S. Passport

    Certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state*
    Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
    Naturalization Certificate

    Certificate of Citizenship

    *A certified birth certificate has a registrar's raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, registrar's signature, and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar's office, which must be within 1 year of your birth. Some short (abstract) versions of birth certificates may not be acceptable for passport purposes.
    Last edited by TomFrederick; 01-23-2010 at 02:07 PM.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    we are leaving 3/10, so i would need to get an expedited passport for him and myself ( I just realized mine expired last month :0) ). Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO