Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

entry requirements

Hello all,

This is our first visit to Aruba and we are super excited. I was curious if anyone knows if i need a passport for my 2 year old or if a birth certificate will suffice? We are from the States, traveling from NY. Thanks for any input. We aprreciate it.

Any Aruba beach...

"All children regardless of age, including newborns and infants, must have their own passport"

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

>>> "All children regardless of age, including newborns and infants, must have their own passport"
    ----- Ditto. Call your Post Office for some details. You will have to take child to PO with a State issued Birth Cert. A hospital one will not work. It may take several weeks. When are you going?

Go to that Web Site in above Post for complete details.
    Some Info from that site:
    Complete Form DS-11: Application for a U.S. Passport. To submit Form DS-11, the minor:
    Must apply in person with both parents/guardian(s)

• Must provide the additional documentation required by Form DS-11 (See Steps 2-7)
    • Must not sign the application until instructed to do so by the Acceptance Agent
    • Must provide your SSN in accordance with 26 U.S.C. 6039E
    STEP 2: Submit Evidence of U.S. Citizenship
    The minor's evidence of U.S. citizenship must be submitted with Form DS-11. All documentation submitted as citizenship evidence will be returned to you. These documents will be delivered with your newly issued U.S. passport or in a separate mailing.
    Primary Evidence of U.S. Citizenship (One of the following):
    Previously issued, undamaged U.S. Passport

Certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state*
    Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
    Naturalization Certificate

Certificate of Citizenship

*A certified birth certificate has a registrar's raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, registrar's signature, and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar's office, which must be within 1 year of your birth. Some short (abstract) versions of birth certificates may not be acceptable for passport purposes.
    Last edited by TomFrederick; 01-23-2010 at 02:07 PM.

we are leaving 3/10, so i would need to get an expedited passport for him and myself ( I just realized mine expired last month :0) ). Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.